IIFT-Delhi hosted its National Marketing Conclave 2012
| August 23,2012 02:27 pm IST
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT-Delhi) hosted its National Marketing Conclave for the year 2012 on 14th August, 2012 in New Delhi. The theme for this years event was New Waves in Marketing which sought to further the on-going debate on whether marketers should view the current evolutionary phase of marketing: which is witnessing the emergence of new media and a smarter-than-ever-before consumer, as a signal of troubled times ahead or the beginning of an exciting, new journey.
The conclave was divided into four sessions, namely an introductory session wherein the topic was introduced and opening remarks were made by the Keynote Speaker and the Chief Guest, followed by three sessions of one hour duration each: Future Trends and Focus Areas, Innovation in Marketing Strategy and a discussion onShortening Product Life Cycles and Instant Obsolescence.The sessions were insightful and answered some key questions pertaining to the topic. Students and faculty were part of an interactive audience and sought answers from the knowledgeable speakers on an array of issues related to the changing face of marketing.
The distinguished speakers at the conclave were:
- Mr. V.M. Rajasekharan CEO, Matches & Agarbatti Strategic Business Unit, ITC - Chief Guest
- Mr. N. Rajaram - CMO, Bharti Airtel - Keynote Speaker
- Mr. Vineet Durani - Director, Windows Phone Business Group, Microsoft
- Mr. Sriram Padmanabhan - GM, Marketing, Ford
- Mr. Hemant Dua - Head, Marketing, Delhi Daredevils
- Mr. Sandeep Bhushan-Vice President, Digital, HT Media Ltd
- Mr. Pawan Arora - Head, Spinal Business Unit, South Asia, Medtronic
- Mr. Anurag Prasad - Senior Brand Planning Director,Lowe Lintas
- Mr. Kartik Raina, ex-CEO, Dabur Foods
- Mr. Anuj Kapoor, Head, Business Development, India region, Ericsson
- Mr. Amit Nanda, Head-Marketing, Retail Banking & Cards, Citigroup India
- Mr. Amit Agnihotri - Chairman, MBA Universe; Co-Founder, Exchange4media Group; Editor, Pitch.