IIM Bangalore to host Leadership Training for Software Professionals
The growth of software firms in India and other developing countries is substantially linked to their ability in developing and sustaining human capital. They need a large number of leaders for internal as well as external co-ordination with customers and other agencies. The programme will essentially use multiple experiential processes such as case method, role-plays, exercises and games.
- Help participants become aware of themselves in terms of their hopes, aspirations, values and vision.
Facilitate the participants to become aware of their interpersonal behaviour and its impact on their
Create awareness amongst the participants about their leadership style. The programme will facilitate the participants to acquire skills in managing projects, manage knowledge workers in software service organizations and attracting and retaining talents.
Factors that empower inspire and motivate them and their team members.
Develop skills in effective team working and group decisionmaking. Focusing on issues involved in managing and being part of virtual teams.
• Concept of Personal Growth for Software Professionals.
• Interpersonal Relations, Emotional Intelligence & Diversity Management.
• Motivating and Managing Software Professionals.
• Attracting and retaining talents.
• Psychological Contract and Organisational Justice.
• Leadership Issues and Challenges in Project Management.
• Managing and being in Virtual Teams.
• Processes Facilitating High Performing Teams.
• Documentation and Knowledge Management.
Project/module leaders, software professionals, HR managers and supporting staff being groomed for leadership positions are likely to benefit from the programme. Our experience suggests that it is more
effective when a team of two or more participants from the same organisation participate in the programme.
N M Agarwal