Biblophilia - SIMSREE, Mumbai
Event Type:Book Review Competition
B-School Page URL:http://www.facebook.com/SydenhamManagementReviewCommittee
B-School Exams List: CMAT
The event will be conducted in two phases- First phase consisting of online round and the final on-campus round.
This round will require the participants to read one of the given books and present a review of the book. Entries should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with document name and subject name as “bookname_ParticipantName_InstituteName”.
The format of the review for both rounds should be as follows:
It should contain a description of the book and the extracts of it. It should also include short information about the author and his writing style.
Analysis and Evaluation:
This part is the crux of the review. Here, a candidate should do his/her own research to discuss the theme, assess the author’s ability to express the theme and provide an opinion of the book.
This should include the conclusions and learning drawn from the book.
Based on the submissions of the previous round, 5 contestants would be shortlisted and called on the campus on the day of the event where they will have to present their review. Further details will be mailed to the finalists in future.
Books for Review :
- First Break All The Rules - Marcus Buckingham & Curt Coffman
- Good to Great - James C. Collin
- The Incredible Banker - Ravi Subramanian
- River of Smoke - AmitavGhosh
- I Have a Dream – RashmiBansal
- The Habit of Winning - PrakashIyer
- Anything You Want – Derek Sivers
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership – John Maxwell
- On Becoming a Leader - Warren Bennis
- Control Your Destiny or Someone Else Will- Noel M. Tichy
- Operations & Supply Chain Management for the 21st century- Ken Boyer
- Don't Follow Me: I'm the Leader- Dave Dungan
- Financial Intelligence: A Manager's Guide to Knowing What the Numbers Really Mean
- Supply Chain Logistics Management- Donald J. Bowersox
1st – Rs 5000/- & Certificate
2nd – Rs 3000/- & Certificate
- The event is open to both first year and second year management students
- This is not a team event
- There is no restriction on number of participants from the same institute
- The review should be about 800 words
- Please keep the formatting as follows:
Font - Times New Roman
Font size -12
Line spacing -1.5
- The first page should contain:
1. Participant’s name and contact details
2.Institute name and address
- Entries should be mailed to email@example.com with document name and subject name as “bookname _ParticipantName_InstituteName”
- The decision of the panel of Judges regarding evaluation will be final and binding
- The short listed participants would be informed by mail