More than 150 students of IIM Indore fell sick due to food poisoning
Over 150 students of the Indian Institute of Management, Indore fell sick after having food in the college mess. As soon as it was reported many students were rushed to the Choithram and Unity hospitals in Indore, where 11 students are still under observation.
Sources reveal that some students were admitted in the ICU of the hospital. CoolAvenues tried to reach Siddharth Rastogi, Programme Chair of the IPM on his mobile but as soon as we communicated to him that we are calling from CoolAvenues the call was disconnected. We tried connecting again but the call was rejected from the other end.
Several students reported to institutes medical center with symptoms related to headache, stomachache, vomiting and feverish after having breakfast on Saturday morning. Most of the students who fell ill are from IPM and PGP courses.
According to Akhtar Parvez, PRO of IIM Indore, We have set up an enquiry team to look into the matter. Once enquiry is over and we are able to identify reasons, we will take strict action against the people responsible.
Parents have started coming to the campus after being informed by IIM Indore officials personally.
Hostels and Student Affairs Officer at IIM Indore, Jigar confirmed that b-school will soon come out with an official statement in this regard.