MYRA School of Business
The newly established MYRA School of Business in Mysore, Karnataka is one of the latest additions to the list of premiere management education institutions in India. “MYRA was born out of the need to redesign management education in the country and groom the leaders of tomorrow. Keeping in mind the rapid economic development in emerging markets, as well as an increasingly integrated global world, our programme is designed to address current and future economic challenges,” explains Prof. Rajiv K. Sinha, Dean of MYRA.
Established by renowned academics with a profound appreciation for education, MYRA offers a two year Post Graduate Diploma in Management. With an eminent Governing Board to guide the institution’s strategic direction and distinguished global faculty who take learning to a whole new level, MYRA promises to be in a class of its own.
Rethinking the model of education from the ground up, has meant infusing fresh perspectives and thinking from some of the best minds in academia. “Our intention is to bring a blend of Indian and western perspectives and methods of teaching to add intellectual diversity in the classroom. With a stellar line-up of renowned professors from top ranked global and Indian institutions this will now be truly possible,” says Prof. Shalini Urs, MYRA mentor.
The MYRA pedagogy based on an experiential learning model, allows for deeper understanding of subject matter. The programme pedagogy is specifically designed to provide a dynamic and vibrant learning experience. “The curriculum is designed with a focus on live case studies, practicums that bring real-world challenges into the classroom, and internship opportunities that ensure students are industry-ready by the time they graduate,” states Prof. Rajiv K. Sinha.
Spread over ten acres of terraced land with avant-garde architecture, the MYRA campus is designed to transcend the boundaries of traditional education, providing a vibrant environment to promote fresh thinking and exchange of ideas. With a plethora of world-class facilities such as executive classrooms, a 24/7 library and cafe, amphitheater, gym and health club, volleyball and basketball courts, golf and horse-riding, Wi-Fi enabled campus, and other modern amenities, MYRA endeavors to provide a holistic and dynamic learning experience.
It is a new school, but envisioned to be a top ranked school in India and the world through its focus on faculty, research, and innovative curriculum.
MYRA offers three kinds of academic programmes:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) - a two-year (six trimester) programme designed to nurture future leaders through a blend of solid theoretical foundations, practicum based experiential learning, uniquely crafted regular interactive sessions with industry honchos.
- Executive Education - Five Executive Programmes (in 2012) in the areas of organizational excellence, people and leadership, pricing strategies and tactics, hedge funds management, synthetic securities, algorithmic trading, and others.
- Corporate Training - MYRA Corporate Training Program will be the ideal starting point to ensure increased turnover, improve employee performance and initiate loyalty. It is also a strong foundation for developing effective communication within the company or organization.
MYRA considers any one of the following for admissions:
- CAT (80 to 95 percentile)
- GMAT (550 +)
- GRE (Verbal: 600+, Quantitative: 550+, Writing: 3.5)
- XAT (75 +)
- Supply Chain Management
- Managerial Economics
MYRA's partnerships with industries such as HDFC, Kotak, Informatics and many more will help its students find best internship and placement opportunities.
MYRA School of Business, Near Infosys, Opp. Power Grid, Koorgalli, Mysore - 571186