Women Entrepreneurs: Rising Sun of the Era
In this rat-racing world of today, women are getting empowered as fast as a change in a fad. The silos of the work field are being broken by the women heading everywhere in this so-called men-dominant world of yester-years.
Now it is the era of new women, who are proving their mettle in all fields, diluting the water-tight compartments of the areas of professionalism being men- or women-oriented.
There was a time when women were perceived as only home-makers, but with the changing trends and our movement towards 21st century, it is becoming crystal-clear that they can be fortune-makers for an organization too. Recent findings have shown that the number of firms owned by women has grown twice the rate in the past ten years. Infact Marjorie Alfus, Chairperson for Women's Business Research, also said, "Women business-owners are significant players in the nation's economy and their momentum shows no signs of slowing down."
More and more women are becoming entrepreneurs these days because they see the attractiveness that a home-based business has to offer them in terms of freedom and flexible working hours. No longer having to work hours dictated to them, women entrepreneurs have more time to spend with their families and to bring up their children. They enjoy more varied and meaningful tasks in their business, without the limitations and stress associated with the glass-ceilinged corporate world.
Are Women Leaders in Demand?
Business is Business! That's what they say! But is there any particular way a business has to be done? Partly yes and partly no. Partly yes because there isn't any particular way we wouldn't have learnt and tried to master it. And partly no because continuous change in technology and vast amount of information is making it much more challenging, and demands something new every time. Add to it the global competition, business is never the same. As somebody said, "You never cross the same river more than once." Always there are new waters in the river, so there are new challenges and new people in business every time.
So evolving is the new concept of knowledge worker, and the problems of attrition have shifted the focus of organizations to the women as future workforce, especially as knowledge workers. Obviously, there are many examples where a woman has reached to the top, like Indira Nooyi, CEO of PepsiCo, and many more. So organizations have started seeing women with a new hope, they are taking-up women of ability, pairing them with men of ability, to make the best organization and a profitable one too.
The truth is that successful business is led by people of experience with specific business skills and the right mind-set. This is why we must develop women managers further through learning experiences, coaching and training that ensures the results a corporation needs to obtain highly skilled women leaders.
Here are some reasons why we need more women as leaders in business: -
- Women, on average, are terrific communicators and tend to be better at it than men. It's the information age and it's highly competitive.
- Global business will require expanding business networks. Women are natural net-workers.
- Diverse view-points can result in better, more creative solutions to business issues. Both women and men are needed to address business issues effectively.
- Keeping a talented knowledge worker will require relationship strategies. Women instinctively care about building relationships which is why they tend to gravitate toward jobs where building relationships is a major component such as Marketing or HR.
- Increased competition will require the resources of creative thinkers to develop new products and services that meet the needs and desires of the marketplace. The talent pool of creative leaders is doubled when more women leaders are available.
- Rapid change in technologies requires more flexibility. Women have extensive multi-tasking abilities as evidenced by women who manage business and families at the same time.
- Half of the workers available today are women. Women in leadership roles can act as mentors to develop other potential women leaders just as executive men have done for years.
- The list may go on and on, and now the women will be the rising sun of the era. The women entrepreneurship is just one stance of women empowerment, more examples are yet to be set. So wishing all the women the very best of their life, we hope to have a world that is more respectful towards women.
As is rightly said, "Well Begun is Half Done."
- Women MBAs who made it Big
0 Comments - 49 weeks 3 days ago
- Gangs of Social Media : Valentine's Day Q-tiyapa
0 Comments - 11 weeks 5 days ago
- Safeguard today’s women to build a better tomorrow
0 Comments - 12 weeks 9 hours ago
- Literacy for the future: Thoughts and ideas.
0 Comments - 15 weeks 1 day ago
Bomb call at IIM Bangalore turns out to be hoax0 comments - 4 hours 36 min ago
8 best Android Jelly Bean tablets to grab0 comments - 5 hours 57 min ago
ESMT and Der Tagesspiegel announce “Tagesspiegel0 comments - 1 day 6 hours ago
BIMTECH’s new Bhubaneswar campus to launch in0 comments - 1 day 7 hours ago