Credit Rating and Information Services of India Ltd. (CRISIL) is India's leading Ratings, Research, Risk and Policy Advisory Company based in Mumbai. CRISILs majority shareholder is Standard & Poor's, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies and the world's foremost provider of financial market intelligence. CRISIL pioneered ratings in India more than 20 years ago, and is today the undisputed business leader, with the largest number of rated entities and rating products: CRISIL's rating experience covers more than 45000 entities, including 30,000 small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
538.994 crore (US$107.53 million) (March 2010)
- CRISIL acquires the business, and brand, INFAC, of Information Products and Research Services (India) Pvt Ltd. INFAC is a leading provider of research to India's financial sector. The acquisition strengthens CRISIL's research business, and makes it India's leading provider of integrated research.
- CRISIL launches the CRISIL Composite Performance Ranking (CRISIL~CPR) to provide performance evaluation standards and investment decision support to mutual fund houses, distributors, and investors.
- CRISIL sets up subsidiary, Global Data Services of India Ltd, to standardise published financial data for analysis.
- CRISIL launches Mutual Fund Awards in association with CNBC-TV18 - a benchmark award for India's best performing mutual funds.
- CRISIL launches the CRISIL Young Thought Leader (CYTL) Award - to attract outstanding talent and provide a platform to India's future business leaders to showcase their views.
- CRISIL sets up:
- The Centre for Economic Research - to apply economic principles to live business situations
- CRISIL MarketWire - to provide real-time financial news services to help clients make pricing- and investment-related decisions
- CRISIL sets up its investment and risk management services group to offer integrated risk management solutions and advice to banks and corporates.
- CRISIL follows it up with its first overseas acquisition - EconoMatters Ltd (later the Gas Strategies Group), a London-based company providing natural gas related consulting, information and training, and conference-organising services.
- CRISIL expands its global reach further with an equity investment in the world's first regional rating agency, the Caribbean Information and Credit Rating Services Limited (CariCRIS), which CRISIL also helps set up.
- The CRISIL Awards for Excellence in Municipal Initiatives are instituted, to recognise outstanding programmes in urban development.
- The strategic alliance with S&P since 1996 culminates in S&P's acquiring majority control of CRISIL.
- CRISIL makes its second overseas acquisition, of Irevna, thus adding equity research to its wide canvas of work. Irevna is a leading global equity research and analytics company.
- CRISIL launches Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Ratings to serve the specialised needs of the SME sector.
- CRISIL partners CNBC-TV18 for Emerging India Awards - the first platform to recognize and reward the achievements of India's Small & Medium Enterprises.
- CRISIL launches IPO grading services to provide investors with independent, reliable, and consistent assessments of the fundamental strengths of new public issues.
- Irevna is ranked globally as the top Investment Research Outsourcing Firm by The Black Book of Outsourcing.
- Ms. Roopa Kudva takes over as Managing Director and CEO of CRISIL, following Mr. Ravimohan's appointment as Managing Director and Region Head of S&P, South Asia.
- CRISIL assigns India's first Bank Loan Rating under the Reserve Bank of India's Basel-II related regulations.
- The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority awards CRISIL with a prestigious mandate to assist in the selection of Fund Managers under the New Pension Scheme.
- The Black Book of Outsourcing ranks Irevna the No. 1 Financial Services Industry Analytics Outsourcing Firm.
- CRISIL launches Real Estate Awards with CNBC AWAAZ. The award honors India's exemplary developers and builders.
- CRISIL launches Complexity Levels, an initiative to strengthen India's capital markets by providing greater transparency to investors.
- CRISIL's revenues cross Rs.5 billion in 2008.
- CRISIL's SME Ratings group assigns its 5000th SME rating.
- CRISIL captures about half of India's bank loan rating market.
- Irevna is ranked globally by The Black Book of Outsourcing as the No. 1 Investment Research and Analytics Outsourcing Firm.
- CRISIL Research launches Independent Equity Research (IER).
- CRISIL moves into a new, corporate head office - the new CRISIL House, at Powai, Mumbai, is a state-of-the-art, green building.
- CRISIL SME Ratings crosses its 15,000th SME rating.
- CRISIL launches Real Estate Star Ratings.
- CRISIL acquires Pipal Research, further strengthening its leadership in the KPO industry.
- CRISIL launches Education Grading, beginning with business schools
- CRISIL Rating enhances access to funding for SMEs; Announces 20,000th SME Rating
- CRISIL Ratings launches Solar grading
- CRISIL Research launches Gold and Gilt Index
- CRISIL Global Research & Analytics receives NASSCOM Exemplary Talent Practices Award
CRISIL House, Central Avenue, Hiranandani Business Park, Powai, Mumbai- 400 076 INDIA