View Full Version : CFA

Anonymous
05-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Hi,

I am graduate from Loyola College and want to do CFA by AIMR .
wanted to know whether is there any CFA charterholder whom i can
meet personally and r there any coachings for it in Mumbai or any
other city?

Thank you

Mrinal Golechha

Anonymous
05-13-2004, 05:17 PM
For CFA, you can USA amr study material itself and you dont require that much coaching. The study materail coupled with your MBA text books are enough to sail you through the grill

vishal_md
07-29-2005, 09:56 PM
For CFA, you can USA amr study material itself and you dont require that much coaching. The study materail coupled with your MBA text books are enough to sail you through the grill

hello sir,
i am vishal; staying in mumbai
i am planning to do CFA (from usa)
looking out for textbooks and notes of the institutes
if u can help me a little with the material,
i'll xerox ofcourse; i'll be grateful
thanks
vishal
vishal_md@yahoo.com

anushree
04-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Hi all

I am Anushree. I have apperared for Tybcom exam this year. I have few questions regarding CFA

What is the benefit of doing CFA?

which institutes offer this CFA?

Is there any couching classes who conducts classes for CFA?

I have no idea about this courses so please help me

Thank you

From
Anushree

maddy4u
01-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Hi all, I am pursuing CFA from US and appeared for Level 1.I can provide you with all the information you require for CFA.First & formost, You all must go through the website of CFA institute to get an idea about the course and then I can help you out with your queries.

Cheers,
maddy4u

Godfather
01-04-2007, 10:36 AM
I have heard that there are certain 'Xerox wallahs' in Mumbai who have the CFA material with them and they 'sell' one copy(photocoy,that is) for one - one and a half thousand rupees.

It's worth spending that amount considering that the original material (Which they claim changes a bit every year) costs US$395 for Level 1 exam, which is more than 17000 INR.:eek: :eek:

I don't know where exactly these guys are located. Will post on this thread as soon as I know about it.

Sharmayur
01-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Hiya,

Was just going through collecting some stuff on CFA, can you tell me how to pay the fees? Online regitration asks for a credit card and i have nowhere near that limit on my card - so how do i pay the 800 odd $ fees for enrollment and registration? can we do a M/o? which branches in mumbai have forex m/o facilities?

Sharmayur
01-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Did you have any luck Godfather?

Godfather
01-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Yes, I found out about the Xerox wallahs. They are located in Vile Parle (W) near Narsee Monjee College. I haven't gone to that place yet. I will go there in a few days time.

Are you a Mumabiite?

Sharmayur
01-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Yes. And any idea abt how to pay the fees? M/O? My c/c limit is just abt 25 grand and not sure if I can pay the 900$ odd fees with my hdfc card. Am too busy to go to bank on weekdays and too lazy on weekends! maddy 4u seems to have sailed by level 1! Pls help! Is level 1 basic and conceptual? Ive done BMS spec in fin so believe level 1 dsnt look so hard from the curriculum. cheers.

snigdha1
01-12-2007, 10:50 PM
hi

you can't pay if your cc limit is only 25k. I think you will have to use SWIFT to transfer money to them by using a form.:rolleyes:

Godfather
01-13-2007, 10:26 AM
I don't know how to transfer the money. I will ask my bro abt it and tell you. I also doubt if you can transfer money through SWIFT as Snigdha says. I think they only accept credit cards. Will get back to you regarding this.
Bye.
Amit

Sharmayur
01-18-2007, 07:42 PM
just went to the bank. will either have to make a forex mo or apply to increase the limit. but neways. ill sort it out by tis weekend. now im lookin out for the notes. and folks, theres this complete pack from schweser 2007 thats for jun 07, anyone got clue how to get hold of it ? need it asap to begin studying! keep posting.

alok.mishra
09-27-2007, 07:59 PM
I came to know about the xerox wallahs from the godfather's message but really dont know the exact address .

Will u please tel me the exact address (xerox wallah shop name)
as i immediately need it because i m planning to give this december only

Godfather
10-02-2007, 12:16 PM
The name & address is

Laxmi Xerox,

Shop No.1,
V.M. Mehta Rd,
Opp. Rasraj Hotel,
Nr. Mithibai College,
Vile Parle (W)
Mumbai 400056.

Tel Nos. 2613 4350, 2613 5051, 2610 4193

Good Luck.

ashu.84
10-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Hi everybody

does anybody has any news regardin the US CFA tht whether its gonna be allowed in India or not?

Regards
ashu

girish garg
10-30-2007, 05:20 PM
can we at all register for it from india?

michalisch
11-14-2007, 12:28 AM
guys does anyone has the rapidshare links to download the schweser notes of CFA for the JUNE 2008 exam level 1 pls???

mahipal
03-13-2008, 05:39 PM
hi. im currently in my final year bcom. want to learn more about cfa and complete it as soon as possible and be a part of you all

born_gr8_006
03-20-2008, 10:43 PM
No... US CFA is not permitted in India... there is a certification problem... CFA offered by ICFAI is good...

rohitsud04
06-13-2008, 01:15 AM
I have 2 years IT experience now., and going in for MBA marketing (since i could not get finance). Will CFA certification enhance my profile, or is it going completely out of line...?

Thanks

born_gr8_006
07-10-2008, 08:13 PM
of course CFA certification wil enhance ur profile...

Chamatkaribaba
08-04-2009, 02:24 AM
Can anyone tell us the career prospects associated with CFA? Can you please tell me how and where CFA can be done.........I want to know as I have just joined ICFAI's MBA-CFA course but do not know much about CFA.

roshni25
08-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Hi all, I am pursuing CFA from US and appeared for Level 1.I can provide you with all the information you require for CFA.First & formost, You all must go through the website of CFA institute to get an idea about the course and then I can help you out with your queries.

Cheers,
maddy4u
mail me ur contact no at roshni.majumdar@gmail.com .

Chamatkaribaba
09-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Dear All,

I have just joined CFA-MBA course recently in ICFAI University, Hyderabad. I am currently reading/studying books only given by ICFAI. What you friends think about this CFA? Do you guys think that I have to buy some more books and study or U think ICFAI books will be enough for ICFAI CFA Course?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

elance
04-25-2011, 05:55 AM
Hi guys I am aiming for cfa level 1 in December
i am planning to start my preparation from now itself
I am thinking of creating a group of people who are aiming for cfa level 1 in december so that we can discuss our queries together on regular basis

I have arranged all the study material and i have prepared my scheduled also
so if anybody who is interested in having a online group study for cfa level 1 in DEC ,please send me a message so that we can learn together

It is really going to help all of us as we will having many people to share the knowledge .

Any one who has completed this exam and willing to help us ,please message me .I'll really appreciate.

Thanks

sandyghosh
04-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi Students,

ICFAI University have the only previlage to provide CFA certificate in India,
they are the monopolist in this market
If you want more information contact:8961320867

timbailey1
05-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Good post.I like it very much.

shashankchohan
09-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Dear Finance Aspirant,

We have organized a free demo session online for CFA aspirants. The details for the same are given below: -

CFA Level 1 Preparatory Course - Free Demo Session

Join us for a Webinar on September 3

Space is limited.

Reserve your Webinar seat now at:

www3.gotomeeting .com/register/446875262

CFA Level 1 Preparatory Course - Free Demo Session
www3.gotomeeting.com
Free Demo Session