View Full Version : Need info abt IIMC - EPBM : A One Year Executive Program

sowhat
09-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Hi all!
I'm currently working for Accenture in Bangalore...
Need info about the one year Executive program in business management from IIMC. Want to know how good/bad is the course...
I'm currently working on ERP/CRM(Oracle e-biz) mostly in the Finance/CRM domain...
Anyone having first hand info about this course plz do reply.

sumant
09-25-2004, 10:30 AM
i don't have much idea of IIM-C executive progg. only i know is that it is not full time progg. There is one year general management progg. (GMP) at XLRI, which is full time residential, in which you can take all optionals which have been generally offered in any B-school. But, at the end of the course you have to find job on own as XLRI is not providing any placement. i am doing that course which is meant for working executives with min. 4 yrs of experiance.

for any detail, post your queries here

sumant
XLRI

mmdaraja
01-30-2007, 01:57 PM
IIMC 1 year EPBM program is a weekend mgmt course for working executives. It is being taught by IIM professors who teach for regular PGDBM. the course content is very rigorous.Even though it is a weekend course you have to put a lot of effort to attend the course and clear the evaluation exams. The syllabus I think will be on par with the best with regulars and on par with the best of Executive programs. Courses are relayed by VSAT links to all the centers where the students attend the course in different cities through the designated Hughes Directway centres they have enrolled with.Its a 2 way communication link with Webcams where the the student and profs can see interact with each others. The course consists of 2 semesters each spanning 6 months and the student has to study 15 subjects and do 2 projects at the end of the course which would be for 2 months totally apart from the 1 year.

Raja
EPBM-IIMC

ragini
02-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Hi Raja

have you completed your course from epbm? which batch are you from?

mmdaraja
02-19-2007, 11:26 AM
i am yet to complete the course will finish it in another 3 months in june 2007

Raja

ragini
02-19-2007, 04:52 PM
which batch are u in?

mmdaraja
02-20-2007, 10:48 AM
i belong to the EPBM 5th batch.

Raja

ASHISH_MISHRA
02-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Hi Sumant,
I am interested to pursue this program at XLRI however am wondering as to whether if XLRI accepts only the XAT scores for this porgram or does it accepts GMAT scores as well
I have a work ex of 4 years in IT Consulting,keen to apply for this program and have not appeared for XAT2007 .
Please provide your insights
May i also please request you to share your contacts to discuss further about the program

Cheers,
Ashish

i don't have much idea of IIM-C executive progg. only i know is that it is not full time progg. There is one year general management progg. (GMP) at XLRI, which is full time residential, in which you can take all optionals which have been generally offered in any B-school. But, at the end of the course you have to find job on own as XLRI is not providing any placement. i am doing that course which is meant for working executives with min. 4 yrs of experiance.

for any detail, post your queries here

sumant
XLRI

Sujeet Srivastava
06-17-2007, 03:36 PM
i belong to the EPBM 5th batch.

Raja

Hi Raja,
I am from EPBM-8 batch. You very rightly said the course is excellent. A very good one for senior managers. And it is recognized in industry as well.

Cheers
Sujeet

bhattaar
06-18-2007, 08:47 AM
Hi Sujeet,

I am interested to opt the EPBM. I would like to ask you the following queries w.r.t EPBM:
1. It is written in the application form that an experience certificate needs to be provided. So it must be a certificate provided by my company, is it right?
2. What kind of educational track records are necessary..ie. marks, grades etc(12th as well as in degree, in Engineering for eg.). I mean min 50% I know but what kind of records are generally expected ?h
3. Can I include my professional awards/appreciaton letters in the application?

Kindly share your experience.

Thanks and regards,
Arindam

Sujeet Srivastava
06-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Arindam,
1. Yes you are right that it need to be provided by your co. alternatively, you can supply your joining and releasing letters to count for the duration.
2. Education track record is used for judging your academic performance and in filetring out the right candidate. So higher the percentage, higher are the chances of selection.
3. Yes you should include them because it will help in exposing your capabilities and may result you in getting higher weightage.

Cheers
Sujeet

bhattaar
06-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks a lot Sujeet for your reply. Just have one more question. By the time I'll be applying(Nov'07) I'll be having exp of 4 years and 10 months(althoug by this time I have played leading roles in different projects).
Am I eligible for this course? Because the eligibility criteria is min 5 years of exp. Just wanted suggestion if it makes sense to apply with that exp(4 years and 10 months).

amit motta
07-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi Raja,

I am above to finalise my registration with EPBM IIMC.
I have some crucial queries regarding this course.

So I can post you my queries.

Thans in advance.
amit

<MOD comments > Pls use this forum so that there is overall benefit>

joydeep77
08-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Hi Raja,
I am from EPBM-8 batch. You very rightly said the course is excellent. A very good one for senior managers. And it is recognized in industry as well.

Cheers
Sujeet
Hey All,

I am planning to take this (EPBM) course this year and I ma located in Kolkata.

Would it be possible to talk or meet any of you before I take the plunge ? I am located in Kolkata.

skumar31
11-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi Raja,

Thank you for sharing your information on EPBM. I have a few queries, will appreicate if you can help me....

1. As the professor is not physical present and your having lectures through a computer though it is live from IIM Calc,. how much is it similar to a actual class room section.

2. How much time do you think you need to dedicate on the regular basis on the programme apart from your weekend classes. I am sure the course is not easy needs lot of dedication.

3. what is the future scope you see after completion of the course.

Hope to get reply soon..

Regards
Sheetal

skumar31
11-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Hi Raja,

Thank you for sharing your information on EPBM. I have a few queries, will appreicate if you can help me....

1. As the professor is not physical present and your having lectures through a computer though it is live from IIM Calc,. how much is it similar to a actual class room section.

2. How much time do you think you need to dedicate on the regular basis on the programme apart from your weekend classes. I am sure the course is not easy needs lot of dedication.

3. what is the future scope you see after completion of the course.

Hope to get reply soon..

Regards
Sheetal

anil kumar duda
04-20-2008, 11:50 AM
hello everybody,
i am anil kumar duda, new to this community,i am working with union bank of india, pune .i have two & half years of banking experience at junior management level, now iwant to pursue an executive mba,please guide

sushantkumar1980
08-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi Raja and Sujeet,
I have just started with the EPGBM course, I am working in I-Flex solutions Ltd. This course is really good, But i have a doubt. " will i be getting good position in Software Industry after finishing this Course."

Cheers
Sushant Kumar

luckymehul
08-21-2008, 06:53 PM
whts the placement scenario aftr epbm?
anybdy got idea?

mmdaraja
08-22-2008, 04:31 PM
there is no placement and all after EPBM. ppl continue to do their own jobs that they were doing before.this course is just about improving your managerial skills and acquiring a IIM tag thats it. it surely doesnt guarantee you a job that is there after a regular course

luckymehul
08-23-2008, 04:01 PM
So,
saying tht MBA From philipines is better than epbm is fair enuf?

mmdaraja
08-24-2008, 05:32 PM
as far as i am concerned MBA is only about regular and that which fetches a campus placement. without that there is no point doing it spending lots of money.thats the conclusion me and my many very experienced classmates who have finished the EPBM course have a come to a conclusion. you might know the same amount of stuff as a regular knows but nobody even cares to look at your degree if it is not a regular and the known courses. i sincerely repent doing this course spending lacs.this money and even my classmates many of them feel the same.infact ppl feel if you apply for the regular jobs in your own industry just bcoz of the fact that u have put EPBM from IIMC your peers from the in other companies that you are trying feel threatened by your acquired degree and dont shortlist your cv. so this course neither fetches you glory and if you put many times spoils ur current chances as well. i sincerely repent doing this course.

Raja

Ashoo
08-25-2008, 12:53 PM
hi yaar could u pls tell me more abt this programme and also can u send me thelink as well for that so that i can view the information and contents abt the programme.
waiting for ur replay
ashwanii

Ashoo
08-25-2008, 12:59 PM
hi yaar , My name is ashwanii Juneja i have two years of experiance in a bpo here in noida....wanted to go for executive mba .....could you please advice me for that .

Pls revert

sushantkumar1980
08-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi ashwinii,
link is hnge.in
but before joining this courses do proper inquiry, I am persuing this course of EPGBM of IIM-C, but i am not satisfied, and see the post of Raja. he is also telling the same thing.

Its good as far as knowledge is concern, but you will not be getting any interview call after this course. regarding the course of XLRI i dont have much idea....

Regards
Sushant Kumar.

ekuriakose
09-23-2008, 05:49 PM
These courses are not job oriented, and are meant for the self improvement on the management area for furture managers.
I am doing this course EPGBM, and i am satisfied with the course. The course is giving me the required knowledge and exposure to managemnt concepts deliverd directly from IIMC. If you see these kind of courses as a "Certificate" to future job search, better dont do it. But if you really interested in the learning part of it with out considering the job market, this course is very good.
So its not the certificate which is valuable, it's the knowledge you gain through the class that matters..!

skraza
09-28-2008, 12:20 PM
hi all,

I have completed recently the EPBM 8th batch from IIMC.

Its an excellent course from a brand of IIM which you just cannot compare it with other business school who are struggling to create a brand......

for more feedback and information you can go to the below site

iimcalumni.wordpress.com

regards,

Raz

Viren123
11-08-2008, 08:56 AM
I am a current student at EPBM and it is really sad the way it is being run:Frustration:. What I have gathered is that IIM-C is just using this course as a milking cow. Did I gain anything from the course answer is straight "NO".

The reasons are fairly simple
About Profs :
-------------
- Not all Profs. take interest(expect 2-3). They seem mechanical. So at the end of class there is always a hollow feeling.

- Couple of them make you feel unwanted. Always having an air we are above you.

- They don't like to compare PGDBM and EPBM. If you ask them they say PGDBM is a full time course and this is a Part-Time course. End of story. If you try to probe they say pl. contact the center co-ordinator or the Brand Executive.

- Profs make assumptions to suit themselves. For example - you must have faced similar issues @ your work place. - you should be able to relate to such things in your work place. Good Morning! - if I had faced those issues then I would not have come to you. How the heck can you make that assumption. It is done by many prof. the more abstract the subject the more times this is said. Can someone tell me if I have 5 yrs of exp. how can I be in senior management.

- Well the profs. will forget you as soon as they are out of the class. No amount of emails will be of any help. They are too busy!!!

The lessor said the course the better. Let's talk about the course. :frown

About Course
-------------
- This course is NOT A DEGREE. So much for going to IIMC. Hence NO ALLUMNI status. :Shockked:

- Buy your own books. After paying 2.1 L.

- The course teaches just about basics if someone wants to know where to start pl. look up the wikiepedia and pick up a couple of books and start reading. It should be enough. I learned many of my subjects like that.

- The cases discussed are limited in nature due to time. BUT there is no home assignments given. Possible reasons IIM-C does not want to spend too many resources.So just come listen and go.

- There is credit for doing anything because there is not much to do.No Assignments.

- No credit for any interaction. So, even if you keep quite it really does not matter. People don't come and still get an EPBM. The certificate for sale!. I have a few people in the batch. One asked me on the exam day which exam is it!

- IIM - assumes that you all interact.

- This course is not recoganized by any university. The only company I have heard gives some wieghtage is IBM in India.

Infrastructure Issues
--------------------
- Connections go down. Now and then.

- You can only hear the prof. If any of the students is speaking well u can't hear a word.

- Some of the centers are not even equipped properly having only 2-3 pcs.

- Recordings are not available after 21 days. Well IIMC thinks only people in the world who have work is IIMC everyone else is free. If you are travelling to US for a month. Say good bye to the course. Reasons given are Intellectual Property issues. :Frustration:. As far as I can guess is IIM does not want people to know about the quality of BS they do.

-You don't have access to any online cases of any sort except for your yahoo group. Reason is IIMC has not digitized there cases. Gimme a break,I thought this was the oldest IIM in India.

You might call it cribbing but these are all issues which I faced and I am not very happy about it. Just waiting for this course to end

vinodrathi
02-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi Sujeet,

I am interested to opt the EPBM. I would like to ask you the following queries w.r.t EPBM:
1. It is written in the application form that an experience certificate needs to be provided. So it must be a certificate provided by my company, is it right?
2. What kind of educational track records are necessary..ie. marks, grades etc(12th as well as in degree, in Engineering for eg.). I mean min 50% I know but what kind of records are generally expected ?h
3. Can I include my professional awards/appreciaton letters in the application?

Kindly share your experience.

Thanks and regards,
Arindam
Hi,
Have you joined this program?
Vinod

vinodrathi
02-25-2009, 09:42 AM
hello everybody,
i am anil kumar duda, new to this community,i am working with union bank of india, pune .i have two & half years of banking experience at junior management level, now iwant to pursue an executive mba,please guide
Hi Anil,
What is your functional role? What is your educational background?
If you are looking at a General management course, The PGCBM from XLRI is a good option. For details you can vist the XLRI site and select satellite programs.
Vinod

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

I am a current student at EPBM and it is really sad the way it is being run:Frustration:. What I have gathered is that IIM-C is just using this course as a milking cow. Did I gain anything from the course answer is straight "NO".

The reasons are fairly simple
About Profs :
-------------
- Not all Profs. take interest(expect 2-3). They seem mechanical. So at the end of class there is always a hollow feeling.

- Couple of them make you feel unwanted. Always having an air we are above you.

- They don't like to compare PGDBM and EPBM. If you ask them they say PGDBM is a full time course and this is a Part-Time course. End of story. If you try to probe they say pl. contact the center co-ordinator or the Brand Executive.

- Profs make assumptions to suit themselves. For example - you must have faced similar issues @ your work place. - you should be able to relate to such things in your work place. Good Morning! - if I had faced those issues then I would not have come to you. How the heck can you make that assumption. It is done by many prof. the more abstract the subject the more times this is said. Can someone tell me if I have 5 yrs of exp. how can I be in senior management.

- Well the profs. will forget you as soon as they are out of the class. No amount of emails will be of any help. They are too busy!!!

The lessor said the course the better. Let's talk about the course. :frown

About Course
-------------
- This course is NOT A DEGREE. So much for going to IIMC. Hence NO ALLUMNI status. :Shockked:

- Buy your own books. After paying 2.1 L.

- The course teaches just about basics if someone wants to know where to start pl. look up the wikiepedia and pick up a couple of books and start reading. It should be enough. I learned many of my subjects like that.

- The cases discussed are limited in nature due to time. BUT there is no home assignments given. Possible reasons IIM-C does not want to spend too many resources.So just come listen and go.

- There is credit for doing anything because there is not much to do.No Assignments.

- No credit for any interaction. So, even if you keep quite it really does not matter. People don't come and still get an EPBM. The certificate for sale!. I have a few people in the batch. One asked me on the exam day which exam is it!

- IIM - assumes that you all interact.

- This course is not recoganized by any university. The only company I have heard gives some wieghtage is IBM in India.

Infrastructure Issues
--------------------
- Connections go down. Now and then.

- You can only hear the prof. If any of the students is speaking well u can't hear a word.

- Some of the centers are not even equipped properly having only 2-3 pcs.

- Recordings are not available after 21 days. Well IIMC thinks only people in the world who have work is IIMC everyone else is free. If you are travelling to US for a month. Say good bye to the course. Reasons given are Intellectual Property issues. :Frustration:. As far as I can guess is IIM does not want people to know about the quality of BS they do.

-You don't have access to any online cases of any sort except for your yahoo group. Reason is IIMC has not digitized there cases. Gimme a break,I thought this was the oldest IIM in India.

You might call it cribbing but these are all issues which I faced and I am not very happy about it. Just waiting for this course to end
Hi Viren,
I see the disconnect may be because of your expectations from the program. Anyone spending the kind of money these courses costs, would look for tangible beneifits. Probably someone who counselled you didn't do the home work.

Having said this, there is no course which has an guaranteed job waiting after completion. The big pay packets one gets after doing the PGP from the IIM's ( which is the two year full time course ) is mainly because of the differentiation it brings to the participants from the entrance test CAT which almost certifies that you intellect level is amongst the best in the country ( appx 1350 seats all IIM's put together).

The EPBM would be beneficial for someone who comes from a Tech background and dosen't have a good understanding of Finance & Economics. The faculty of IIMC are good in these two areas, I am sure you would agree.

This then enables you to take up courses in Strategic Management which is important at Senior Management Level.

Yes, there are gaps in execution and there is a lot of scope in improvement I agree.

Similar programs from IIM K, XLRI & IIFT are much better handled.

I would summarise, they show you the path but you need to cover the distance with your own efforts. Not all faculty are good and this is true with every Institute in the country ( if this is the state of affairs of one of the top B-Schools you can guess what happens at others!)

Cheers!

Vinod

OraPra
10-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Can somebody tell me the minimum GMAT score required for a student to get into ePBM in IIMC and are you saying that this course doesn't help you to grow in the organization, as people get it in PGP course.
Did you feel that IIM brand value doesn't work at all in this case?

Regards,
OraPra

ajitmishrasbp
11-30-2009, 03:03 AM
Hi Raja and Sujeet,
I have just started with the EPGBM course, I am working in WIPROTech. This course is really good, But i have a doubt. " will i be getting good position in Software Industry after finishing this Course."

Cheers
Ajit

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

Hi Raja and Sujeet,
I have just started with the EPGBM course, I am working in WIPRO Tech Ltd. This course is really good, But i have a doubt. " will i be getting good position in Software Industry after finishing this Course."

Cheers
Ajit Mishra

prashanth_ash
09-03-2010, 01:02 PM
but pls don't join senior management course from IIMC and don't waste your money

Abhi001
10-10-2010, 10:54 PM
The EPBM (Executive Program in Business Management) is one of the toughest executive management courses.
It is a general business management program. Basically, it is a 2-year IIMC management course, squeezed into one year.
Hence, there is a lot of pressure on students. IIMC expects students to put in 100% effort. The faculty is excellent but very demanding.
The study material is not easy. There are in all 14 modules, and after every module there is an exam. Minimum 66 to 70% attendance is mandatory
in each and every module for a student to pass. IIMC takes the attendance issue very seriously.

Live classes from IIMC are held via satellite, and attendance is monitored strictly.
Each and every student is monitored in real-time via a web-camera. Also the system validates your attendance every 20 minutes, so for a 3-hour lecture,

students have to sit in the lectures without leaving. There is a 10 to 15 minute coffee-break at the end of 1 and half hours.

The sessions are real-time interactive via video-conferencing. It is state-of-the-art. The faculty encourages the student to be inquisitive, but it expects

students to prepare before-hand prior to attending the lectures. Course materials, case studies, ppt presentations are uploaded by IIMC before every lecture,

students have to do before-hand studies before attending the lectures.

There is a lot of after class study that one needs to put in to have some chance of passing the course. IIMC takes this course pretty seriously and expects

students to do as well. IIMC admits only employed executives for this course. It is a course for the above-average working executives who wants an MBA /

management diploma / certificate from IIM. But the pressure is quite a bit.

Faculty uploads its analysis, ppt presentations online and IIMC despatches all books directly from Calcutta to the students prior to the commencement of any

module. For example of each module each book is about 1000 pages and one is expected to master it in a matter of 3 week to a month. At any time, there are

two modules running concurrently.

Two lectures are held per week, each of 3 hours duration. IIMC will not pass the student unless the students clears atleast 12 of the 14 modules with minimum

66 to 70% attendance. For held back students, there is an opportunity to complete the course with the next batch.

A 4-grade system is followed: Excellent, Good, Average, Poor.

IIMC does not provide placement services for its executive management program, unlike IIMA and IIMB which do provide placement services. However, IIMA's

exectuvie management course costs about 21 lacs, IIMB executive course costs about 16 lacs, whereas IIMC executive management course costs only about 4 lacs.
So it is a very good deal for money, provided you manage to pass!

If you can take the time out for a year and have the aptitude for a rigourous academic course from one of the best managment institutes in the world, then

the Executive Business Management Program from IIMC is an excellent course to go for.

Hope this info helps.

Regards,
Abhi

Abhi001
10-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Its not an easy course. Very tough and very demanding. Its actually a full-fledged 14-module Business Management Program from the IIMC for working executives who cannot leave their work city. Hence they attend live interactive classes via satellite video conferencing broadcast from IIMC. You have to clear atleast 12 of the 14 modules only then will IIMC give you successful completion certificate. Also you have to attend all exams, do all projects and have a minimum of 66 to 70% attendance in each and every all modules. The faculty is excellent, the course material very tough and demanding. The faculty uploads all pre-lecture material and assignments, and expects you to come prepared having done your homework. During the lectures there are web-cams pointed at you, and attendance is taken very seriously by IIMC. During a typical 3-hour lecture the computer system prompts you for attendance every 20 minutes. The exams are very tough. The executive management programs of IIMA and IIMB cost about 21lacs and 16lacs respectively, wherein the IIMC one costs 4lacs. However, the IIMA and IIMB executive management programs give a Diploma whereas the IIMC gives a certificate. Also IIMA and IIMB helps in placement, whereas IIMC does not help in placement, as it expects only fully employed executives to attend this course. Minimum work-ex for all the IIMA, IIMB and IIMC executive management programs is atleast 5 to 7 years with max being about 15 years depending on the program. For people having less then 5 years and more the 15 years, IIM-Kozhikode seems a better option.

kirankumarreddy
10-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Hi abhi,

need help . i am applying for 1 year Executive business analytics @ IIM C and i came to know that i should clear a screen test which will be held by IIM C solely. please guide me and also please give any links of sample papers, thanks

mazahir_ahmed
09-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Hi Raja and Sujeet,
I have just started with the EPGBM course, I am working in I-Flex solutions Ltd. This course is really good, But i have a doubt. " will i be getting good position in Software Industry after finishing this Course."

Cheers
Sushant Kumar
@Sushant:
I am about to apply for EPGBM-2012 batch. can u please tell me how was ur exp and what kind of career changes taken place after u completed this course.

mazahir_ahmed
09-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi Ajeet:
can u please tell me what kind of benefits u have got after completing EPGBM?

Hi Raja and Sujeet,
I have just started with the EPGBM course, I am working in WIPROTech. This course is really good, But i have a doubt. " will i be getting good position in Software Industry after finishing this Course."

Cheers
Ajit

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

Hi Raja and Sujeet,
I have just started with the EPGBM course, I am working in WIPRO Tech Ltd. This course is really good, But i have a doubt. " will i be getting good position in Software Industry after finishing this Course."

Cheers
Ajit Mishra