View Full Version : How to Balance Work and CAT preps??????Help me

srikanth29
02-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Hi all

I juss need one help.hope in this forum many would have prepared for CAT and other Exams while working.

I am working for the Past 15 months,got out of touch with all basics and fundamentals.

Can anyone tell me How to Plan for the same .not the regular Syllabus but some experience can be shared how you Ppl prepared to Crack CAT.

i am working in WIPRO,i want to get into Management Side soon.

Srikanth
IIM Aspirant

Windisha
02-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Hi Shrikanth,
I am sure that your work-ex will be a great asset for you in the admissions. BUt for that you need to clear the writtens. LEt me tell you one thing very clearly about CAT. There are no shortcuts in CAT writtens. You will have to put in as much effort as the fresh BC0m grad taking CAT. As far as preparation schedule is concerned, please visit the link and try to stick to it.
http://www.ximb.ac.in/~u104028/web/mba/started.htm

CAT is easy to crack if one is sincer enough. Also try to join some coaching institute to help you keep the focus in your preparations.
Regards,
Windisha

srikanth29
02-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Hi windisha

Thanx for the Same, i know it is gonna be be pretty difficult for me to do but i have to clar written in any chance.

what are the other Institutes other than IIM which i can Aim for?
does any one have chart out of other exams like CAT and also gud B-schools.
Selective B-schools where i can Aim for?

I also want to know what kind of jobs an MBA Graduate gets after Placements.to be precise will anyone be still in Coding? if they get into Software side?

I will give my Best Shot.

Regards
Srikanth

deepblue
02-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Srikanth

aim for moon, nothing less

i appeared for CAT after 4 years of work ex, so there is no funda that 15 month will be an hindrance in your preparation.
first get a schedule which is as flexible as possible and second is study any where and any time. dont let any excuse to give you a chance to your study hours.

then focus on your weak points and just hammer them

and this is all tht takes to be an IIM grad

:P