Originally Posted by kkrumi
MBA Interview Questions - MUST PREPARE!
• Describe yourself as a person.
• What type of assignments/tasks keep you hooked and charged and what are those that you find unexciting?
• 3 words to describe you.
• How do you define Success/Failure and Leadership
• What gives you happiness, what makes you sad?
• What matters most to you, and why?
We would like to understand from you what made you the person you are.
Do share with us the values, experiences, and lessons that have shaped your perspectives.
• What are the three most important values that guide your thoughts and actions and why?
• Successful leaders have a great sense of purpose. What is yours? (Statement of Purpose)
• What are your (3) strengths?
• What are your (3) areas of improvement?
• Mention "one" personal improvement area that you have worked upon in the last one year. Why do you feel the above area was an improvement area for you?
• How did you identify the improvement area? What did you do to improve yourself in this area?
• Do you think you have achieved your objective? What makes you think so?
• What are your personal goals in life? Please elaborate in three separate categories: Short-term (2-3 years), Medium-term (5-6 years) and Long-term (ultimate objective).
• Where do you see yourself x years from now?
• How does an MBA at this stage fit into your scheme of things? Why now?
• Why should we take you?
• What personal qualities or life experiences distinguish you from other applicants? How do these qualities or experiences equip you to contribute to ABC?
• Why Marketing/ Finance/ Human Resources/ IT / Consulting/ Operations?
• Why ABC?
• If you could be the leader of an organization, would you chose ABC, and why?
• What changes would you make to enhance the organization and what current strategies would you retain?
• Why would you like to do a project with ABC and how do you think you can add value to ABC and to yourself?
• How would getting into ABC help you in your journey towards your Personal Goals?
• Describe any event / situation in your life which has impacted / influenced you significantly.
• Describe an incident that has had a deep impact on you and brought about a significant change?
• What are your two most substantial accomplishments / achievement so far?
• Why do you consider them to be your largest achievements?
• Describe a time when you delivered significant results. Please include details of the context, the actions you took, and the results that were achieved.
• Describe a challenging project or a seemingly impossible task which you have undertaken. What was the outcome?
• Please share details of one of these projects, which you think, was the best – major learnings from the project, recommendations made, recommendations accepted and implemented as well as those not implemented.
• Briefly describe real situations from your life where you did any of the following:
Achieved results against odds; Pursued an idea or business goal to conclusion; Inspired people to achieve a goal
• Describe a situation when you faced a difficult problem and you were able to solve it. Please include details of the context, the action you took and the results that were achieved.
• Describe a task/situation that you faced during your summer internship / past work experience which you consider as a complex problem. Please elaborate on the relevance of the problem to your role and the organisation.
• How did you approach the problem? What options did you generate to solve the problem?
• What were your key learnings from the situation? What would you do in case you were to handle a similar problem in future?
• Provide an example when you approached your work with a mindset of having limited resources or time. Please include details of the context, the action you took and the results that were achieved.
• Have you ever adopted a non-traditional approach to manage a project / situation or to solve a problem? Briefly describe the project / situation of the problem, the approach and the outcome.
• Describe situations when you had to accomplish an objective in an ambiguous situation.
• What did you do to handle the situation ? What was the outcome?
• What were your learnings? Please specify 1 - 2 key learnings from the situation.
• At times, many of us are caught in a situation of moral conflict, where we have to choose between two seemingly right alternatives. Give us one situation when you faced this conflict. How did you resolve it?
• Sometimes, we may find a group of people disagreeing with our beliefs/point of view. Give us an instance where you had to convince a group of people on your point of view.
• Tell us about a time when you had difficulty with a co-worker/team-mate and how you handled the situation.
• Give two examples of how you have demonstrated leadership and inspired people towards achievement of certain goals.
• Tell me something about you which are not in your resume.
• You have just completed your 300 page autobiography. Please submit page 221.
• Have you been a member of any social/cultural organization? (Yes/No). If yes, please detail your position and accomplishments in the organization. What was the key purpose behind your decision to be associated with this entity? What are your future plans in this regard?
All the Best!
Khalid Kamal Rumi
Justify your decision to pursue the MBA programme?
Why do you think you would enjoy your chosen area of study (Eg: Marketing)?
How do you spend your spare time?
What are your weaknesses?
Why should we admit you into our MBA program?
What are your strongest abilities?
What skills would you be bringing to the classroom?(relevant if you have job experience)
What are you looking for in this program?
Tell me something about yourself?
What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?
Where do you want to be in 5 years?
Why do you want to study in this institute?
What does "success" mean to you?
What does "failure" mean to you?
What are your three major accomplishments?
What have you disliked in your past jobs? (If you have worked in more than one organization)
What kinds of people do you enjoy working with? (If you possess work experience)
What kinds of people frustrate you?
How long before you can make a contribution (Not monetary) to the institute?
In the past year, what have you been dissatisfied about in your performance?
What according to you is your ideal job and how will this program help you realise the same?
What can you tell me about your past bosses? (If you have work experience)
Which is more important to you: money or the type of job?
What have you learned from your activities in college?
Were your extracurricular activities worth the time you put into them?
What have they taught you?
What qualities should a successful manager possess?
What two attributes are most important in your job?
What major problem have you encountered and how did you deal with it?
What have you done that you consider creative?
Who do you admire? Why?
What do you get passionate about?
What courses are you taking?
FOSTIIMA Business School