MBA News | MBA Jobs | MBA Students | MBA Aspirants | MBA Forums
--- CoolAvenues.Com ---
Home    |     MBA Jobs     |     Knowledge Zone     |     Seminars     |     Placement Report     |     Admission Alert      |   MBA Forums
CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ JMET    | CAT 2009    |   Executive MBA    |   GMAT    |   Help Line    |   Online MBA Help   |   Buy/Sell    |   Cafe   |   Gadgets  

Go Back   MBA Forums :: CoolAvenues.com > Executive MBA | Correspondence / Part Time / Online / Distance MBA Forum > Executive MBA | Correspondence / Part Time / Online / Distance MBA Career discussion Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012   #1
mvandhu
Rookie

Institute : Anna University
Company : Accenture
Talking Clarification on MS through WILP in BITS Pilani

Hi All ,

I am from Chennai. I completed my B.E. in ECE and currently working in an MNC for more than a year. I would like to do MS through WILP in BITS. I had gone through all the details given in BITS PIlani site. But still I have few more clarifications on this course. It would me very much helpful for me if someone could give me information on my clarifications mentioned below.

1. Application form:

When the application form will be issued for the year 2012-2013?
When is the last date for the application form to be submitted?

2. Documents Required:

What are documents to be attached with the application form?

3. Fees Details:

Fees per semester:
The fee should be paid at the starting of the Semester?
Where the fees should be paid?
Will there be any time line given for the fees to be paid?
Where these details will be updated in the site?

4. Mentors:

Are there any criteria to choose a mentor? If so what are those criteria?
What are the documents required from the Mentor during the submission of application form?

5. About Classes:

As I am from Chennai, I would like to know where the classes will be held. Is there any centre in Chennai?
How many classes per month?
The classes will be during the weekends?

6. Degree Certificate:

In the degree certificate issued after completing the MS course, will it be mentioned as Completed MS through distance education or WILP or something like that or just completed MS in BITS?

Thanks in Advance..
mvandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #2
newtonlovesheadbanging

Institute : Father Agnels
Company : Hewlett Packard
Default Re: Clarification on MS through WILP in BITS Pilani

Hi,

I am also planning to do the BITS WILP program for 2012-2013 in the first semester .. I can tell you what ever i know.. if something is wrong.. then someone can correct me..

1. Application form:

When the application form will be issued for the year 2012-2013?
Ans : Around April mid I suppose you can expect it from april 10th onwards anytime. Again.. this is only for MS Software systems.

When is the last date for the application form to be submitted?
The approach I think is pay Rs 1500/- to download the admission form. fill it up and courier it to them with the documents like marksheets etc. On selection, u need to draw up a DD in favour of Bits and send them the receipt. All this will get over before May 31st. They give only around a months time or so to complete the formalities. So we have to be up and running because the couriers can get delayed

2. Documents Required:

What are documents to be attached with the application form?

Marksheets all semesters from 10th till engg completion, degree certificates, letter from company stating that ur an employess of that company. previous employment certificates, ur mentors resume and their degree certificates. These are the a few certificates which are mandatory. Rest of the mandatory stuff.. I am sure it will become available on the site when the admission portal opens.

3. Fees Details:

Fees per semester:
The fee should be paid at the starting of the Semester?
Rs 45000 /- the first time and then 30000 /- every semester
Where the fees should be paid?
u can pay by dd or chalan or cheque favouring bits.. the exact name will appear in the email communication sent by Bits.. They will generally ask u to pay it through icici bank

Will there be any time line given for the fees to be paid?
Time will be given, but i think the buffer is only around 10 days i.e to pay and courier the receipt to bits (in Rajasthan). So it will be hectic

Where these details will be updated in the site?
These details will appear in the admission notification.. Not to wrry. everything is generally crystal clear. U can also contact them via phone to clarify ur doubts.

4. Mentors:

Are there any criteria to choose a mentor? If so what are those criteria?
I think the minimum criteria is that the mentor should have more than 5 years of exp. and i think they should hold an ms degree. So its better if u choose a mentor who is an architect with lots of exp so that ur dissertation project is good.

What are the documents required from the Mentor during the submission of application form?
As mentioned above.. his resume and degree certificates are required.

5. About Classes:

As I am from Chennai, I would like to know where the classes will be held. Is there any centre in Chennai?
For WILP the lectures are online. U have to check in ur center. But the most advantageous would be to form a study group.

How many classes per month?
Its hectic because its online. 1.5 -2 hours from Monday- Thursday..

The classes will be during the weekends?
No .. Since its online.. they generally have it on week days.

6. Degree Certificate:

In the degree certificate issued after completing the MS course, will it be mentioned as Completed MS through distance education or WILP or
something like that or just completed MS in BITS?

Just completed MS. our certificates will be the same as the ones who are doind MS in bits college.. nothing related to wilp will be mentioned.

Again.. all these are answers to WILP..In my previous company there was a WASE program where in Bits had a tie up with our company and hence lectures were held every weekend. So I am not sure if Bits has a tie up with accenture and whether there are any visiting profs for ur subj.. that u will have to find out from ur company..

Let me know in case u get to know about the admission / anything if i have mentioned wrong..

Thanks
P.S u can contact me on newtonlovesheadbanging@gmail.com
newtonlovesheadbanging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012   #3
mvandhu
Rookie

thanks a lot.. it was very useful for me

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

another clarification regarding dissertation.. so we need to do our dissertation under our mentor(ie getting guides, topics, work on the topic with mentor etc) or

we can choose our own topic and mentor will jus be our guide for our dissertation

and it will be good if u explain me de role of mentor in dissertaion.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

The admissions will be open from April 15, 2012
Old 04-09-2012   #4
newtonlovesheadbanging

For dissertation, I think you can choose ur own topic. the mentor is only like a guide.. But it will help if u take up a project which your mentor suggests. that way, in case u run into any trouble, atleast he/she can guide you. But if u take up ur topic, then getting guidance maybe a problem. Also , here the mentor generally asks for a presentation to verify how much u have completed. and u will be giving a similar presentation at bits as well. So if ur mentor knows the stuff, he can help u out by asking tricky questions on ur project, which is expected from bits profs as well.
Old 04-11-2012   #5
mvandhu
Rookie

Okay...
I wonder about the classes. Distance means working ppl to pursue their MASTER degree in their free hours only. So class should be in weekends only.

And I think we require only Mentor's resume. I guess we don't require his certificates n all.

if it is possible can you confirm on de above mentioned things. It might be useful for you also.
Old 04-15-2012   #6
momo21
Rookie

Institute : csit
Company : WIPRO

Hii All,

I am write now working in an MNC in Pune(Maharashtra) with total 1.5 Years of Experience and I am planning to do MS program through BITS Pilani in Software Systems.

I want to ask that how I will get Mentor for this MS Program and suppose if I have joined the MS Program and in between my Location gets changed to some other place so how I will manage to continue or if I change the Company then how I will go with it....

Please Clarify My doubts...... Thanks In Advance....
momo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #7
newtonlovesheadbanging

I suppose to get a mentor, the person shuold be atleast 5 years exp with an MS.. so even a person who has just completed MS with 5 yrs exp can be urr mentor. . You can talk to ur project architects , They wld definitely have a masters degree. Or in the worst case scenario. You can contact the bits prof itself.

Secondly, If your location gets changed, as in u transfer from Mumbai to Bangalore /chennai and now if u want to take up the exams from the new location, you would have to inform the dean. It can be arranged I think.

If u change the company, the u will not get the reimbursement amount from ur company thats all. But if ur doing a project in some company, then its best u stay in the company till u finish the project to avoid hassles.
I dont know the procedure for change of companies during dissertation.

Are u a wase- ian?? Or has WIPRO started financing for MS programs now?

Last edited by newtonlovesheadbanging; 04-16-2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Adding a question
Old 04-16-2012   #8
momo21
Rookie

Institute : csit
Company : WIPRO

Hii,

I am neither doing it with a WASE Program nor Wipro is Financing. I am doing it my own. Secondly, how the classes are conducted for MS Program, it will be on Weekends or how it is done?
momo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #9
JGH
Rookie

Institute : VIIT
Company : HCL
Smile Re: Clarification on MS through WILP in BITS Pilani

Hi All,

It looks like the date for the availability of the Application Forms has been postponed to 25th April 2012..

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance
JGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #10
newtonlovesheadbanging

Hi,

I have been trying their number ,but i am unable to reach them,
It would be better if You could tell us , how u got this information.
Because if they delay it by so many days then all the schedule planned ahead, will also get delayed.

Last edited by newtonlovesheadbanging; 04-18-2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: ...
Old 04-18-2012   #11
JGH
Rookie

Post Re: Clarification on MS through WILP in BITS Pilani

Yeah I guess it might.
I got this in the bits website... when i was checking for the Application form...
Here it is:
bits-pilani.ac.in/university/wilp/ApplicationProcedure

check this out...
Old 04-21-2012   #12
mvandhu
Rookie

Application form and programme details can be downloaded from the BITS Website after April 25, 2012.

Need some more informations
  • Classes:
1. Virtual classes or normal classes will be conducted?
2. Where the classes will be held and when(week days or week ends)?
3. How much duration the classes will be conducted?

• What are the documents required from the mentor?
  • One of my friend is working in CTS and is also interested in joining MS in BITS. BITS is already having a tie-up with CTS for MS. So is it necessary for him to do the course via CTS or he can do via WILP also?
  • If my friend is doing MS via CTS then what are the procedures for it?
  • If my friend is doing MS through WILP then the procedures are general for him?
Old 04-21-2012   #13
newtonlovesheadbanging

Procedure

Application form and programme details can be downloaded from the BITS Website after April 25, 2012. Duly completed application form is to be submitted alongwith requisite processing fee of Rs. 1500/- (Non-refundable) to be paid as per any of three modes specified below:
  • Option 1: Pay Online Payment through Net Banking, Credit Card
  • Option 2: Pay Rs. 1525/- through cash at all ICICI Bank branches through a Challan(PDF document) which is to be downloaded and printed from this website before making the payment.
  • Option 3: Pay through a crossed Demand Draft drawn in favour of "BITS, Pilani" payable at

- ICICI Bank Pilani (Branch Code 1538) or
    - State Bank of India, Pilani (Code: 11309) or
    - UCO Bank, VidyaVihar, Pilani (Code: 0150) or
    - State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, Pilani (Code: 10398) or

In case of Demand Draft drawn on at any other bank (payable at Jaipur), a Demand Draft for Rs. 1600/-, should be submitted.

Please check the demand draft and ensure that it is correct and complete in all aspects such as date, drawee name, bank manager signature, name and code of issuing bank branch and drawee bank branch, amount in words and figures.

In the draft, you must ensure that "Payee" / "Pay" to NAME is written only as "BITS, Pilani" and nothing else.

Please ensure that the Application number and Applicant's name is written clearly on the backside of the demand draft.

Its official now..
Old 04-25-2012   #14
newtonlovesheadbanging

Hi Guys,

In case the admission portal / application form becomes available for download , Please do update it in this forum for everyone's benefit.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2012   #15
JGH
Rookie

Angry Re: Clarification on MS through WILP in BITS Pilani

26th April is over.... but still no signs of the admission application form...
I hope the date doesn't get postponed further...