Business analysts career advice!!! Help
I am a Btech(Biotechnology) and MBA(Maketing) currently working as a Market Research
Analyst(Last 3 years).I have good working knowledge of Excel(no SAS, SPSS).
I have following doubts which i would like to be addressed:
1. I am not sure about the career progression as an analyst, i find that even senior analysts and managers are doing almost the same work as we are doing.Is there a growth in the career? Can one diversify his career options to other fields like branding, consultancy etc.? Is market research a good field to earn good money such as consultancy?
2. I hate doing primary research but love data analysis and presentations, is there any specialized field that DOES NOT involve primary but only Data analysis, report writing, presenting etc.
3.I wish to pursue a higher specilized degree in a related field, but i am not sure which one.I think that fields like consulting, strategy or branding may be good but at the same time i am confused if i should choose a masters in fuctional domains like IT etc as currently i am not working in any core fucnctional area my work is related with industries like automobiles, chemicals, heavy engineering, pharma etc.). I am almost 30 years old and am not sure if age would be an issue for any degree or further employment.
3. I want to move abroad, am not sure if BA is on the skilled occupation lists of any countries, what could be the best way to move out of India with such a profile.
4. Please suggest some good universities and courses abroad which i can pursue.
5. Some people advice me to do SAP-CRM or any other module but i do not have any functional base in IT, will it be a wise option to go for it.
6. I am interested in a profile which involves more of brain storming,thinking, strategizing etc. which career will be best suited for me.
7. Although Management consultancy seems to be a bright career but i have read that working hours are way too long and tiring and there is no work life balance but it is not so with branding. Is it so?
8. I want a peaceful life with decent money and free weekends,outside India, what should i do, which country should i look for?
Thanks a lot!!!