More tips on eye-care:
(1) Keep two used tea bags in the refrigerator before you leave for work. Once you are home, place the tea bags on your eyes for a few minutes as you relax. This not only soothes tired eyes, but also reduces puffiness.
(2) Drink plenty of water. It helps reduce puffiness. When a person is dehydrated, especially in an air-conditioned office, the body starts storing water as a defence mechanism. This adds to puffiness around the eyes.
(3) Soaking cotton in lukewarm milk and placing it on the eyes also gives a soothing relief to tired eyes.
(4) Rub your palms against each other till you feel them warm. Then, lightly cup your eyes with your palms and relax for 60 seconds. Count the seconds in your mind. The warmth of your palms helps soothe and relax tired eyes. Repeat this exercise two to three times whenever your eyes feel tired, or as often as you want.
(5) Smoking and/or alcohol consumption causes irreversible optic nerve damage. As both nicotine and alcohol are nerve toxins, they affect the nerves in the long run. Over a period of time, this can lead to poor or weak eyesight