Originally Posted by jkmartha
Please guide me in making sense of the MAT score. I appeared MAT for the first time in Feb 2007 and the score is as follows:
Language Comprehension 80 (%below - 99)
Maths 56 (%below - 77)
Data Analysis 56 (%below - 75)
Intelligence 55 (%below - 65)
Composite score 708 (%below - 95)
Indian & Global Environment 68 (%below - 95)
1. What is the meaning of %below?
2. What is my final percentile?
3. Generally, Is it an average score?
4. What are the colleges/institutes, I can think of going for GD/interview with this score?
5. Will this score be eligible for May MAT ?
6. My graduation % is below 50%. Do all colleges have minimum 50% in graduation as eligibility criteria or do they accept below 50% also? As such, I have 60% in PG and almost 12 years of work experience. Will this add as a +ve point or No?
Genuine answers will be worthy of appreciation.
Thanking you in anticipation for your patience,
Well you don't have to be a rocket scientest to interpret the score..its very simple and the MAT bulletin also explains it..but anyways i will explain it you....
1)The MAT score tells you the relative position of the candidate with respect to the other candidates...for eg. lets take your percentile score of 95..it means that there are 95% of candidates below you whose scores are less than you....i think its clear for you now...
2)There is no final percentile in MAT..they gave the composite score..in your case its 708 with a percentile of 95%.
3)its not the average score....
4)Please refer to the threads containing the MAT institutes....
some of the notable institutes are alliance,bimtech,christ etc......
5)don't know abt the eligibilty of the MAT score..generally it depends on the institute to which you are applying .....
6)Considering your work experience..you a good chance of making it to a good institute......but i would really like to know what kind of job did you do for 12 years....cos 12 years is very long time and you must be in a good position....
do ask if you have any more queries......