MBA News | MBA Jobs | MBA Students | MBA Aspirants | MBA Forums
--- CoolAvenues.Com ---
Home    |     MBA Jobs     |     Knowledge Zone     |     Seminars     |     Placement Report     |     Admission Alert      |   MBA Forums
CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ JMET    | CAT 2009    |   Executive MBA    |   GMAT    |   Help Line    |   Online MBA Help   |   Buy/Sell    |   Cafe   |   Gadgets  

Go Back   MBA Forums :: CoolAvenues.com > MBA/ Management Career Help > Management Career Discussion Zone

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008   #1
shanky004
Rookie

Default Where to Join for MBA.

I have nearly 3 Years work experience in IT company and planning to do MBA now.I prefer 1 year MBA course.I heard about Great Lakes College,Chennai,is this a good college??I even heard that the placements are very good there.Please help me out so that i can choose a good college.
shanky004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #2
thomas.wai

Default Re: Where to Join for MBA.

Hi shanky

I have not heard of the business school before but I have surfed their website for you.

Same old advice of what I have been advising my clients - make use of the FT ranking list to do your selection for your MBA. Doing MBA is a once in a life time project, plan well before you jump into a school.

Good luck.

Kind regards,
Thomas
thomas.wai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #3
shanky004
Rookie

Hi Thomas,
What is FT ranking?were can i find it??z Christ bangalore a gud college??
shanky004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #4
thomas.wai

FT ranking .. simply refers to finanical times ranking. Simply google it and you can find it.

Best of luck!
thomas.wai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #5
asmi
Rookie

if u want serious business..i think you shud focus on things like palcerments , faculty and life @ bschool..i wud suggest go to imi.edu

also serach on forums like coola venues for getting insight for life at imi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.wai View Post
Hi shanky

I have not heard of the business school before but I have surfed their website for you.

Same old advice of what I have been advising my clients - make use of the FT ranking list to do your selection for your MBA. Doing MBA is a once in a life time project, plan well before you jump into a school.

Good luck.

Kind regards,
Thomas
asmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #6
anju verma

Hi,

I think Great Lakes is a good institute. To clear your confusion check the Placement Report (2008) of Great Lakes at the following link
http://www.coolavenues.com/placements/2008/glakes-f-08-1a.php

Check this also..
http://www.coolavenues.com/bschools/071203/glakes-fall-project-1.php

Anju
anju verma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #7
rajtwany
Rookie

Cool Re: Where to Join for MBA.

never ever thought abt it , its the cheapst, faked one in INDIA as 1 of my friend was cheated there & some have also written abt there exp. in this form only thk care Raj bye..........
rajtwany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #8
varunspilla

I am not commenting on Great Lakes. But as a little tip - try going thru forums like coolavenue and paagalguy. you'll get an idea about whats happening in each bschool. try picking up some inside-contacts in the bschools (it wont be difficult), and u'll get a better picture.
My Views about MBA Preparation
varunspilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #9
ankita.kumar

Institute : IILM
Company : student

Hello,

MBA is one such degree which holds its value if it is from a known university/college. So think and choose college twice before taking admission. Some of the good colleges in India are :-
CAT- IIMs, IMT, MDI etc.
MAT-Allaince,Christ,IMS,IILM(New Delhi & Gurgaon),Amity etc.
SNAP-Symbiosis,Pune
XAT- XLRI,XIB etc.
FMS
IIFT

ALL THE BEST....
ankita.kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #10
dhruv_awasthi

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Dhruv/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG] well friends,
Delhi and the entire NCR REGION is full of some of the India's best colleges and be it under graduate and post graduate b-schools etc its a dream for the students through out the country to study here in the National Capital Region as it is the most developed and a metro city where one gets each and every facility....One of them is IILM lodhi road and gurgaon its one amongst top mat college not only in NCR region but in the entire country.
As a part of IILM institute i welcome all the student throughout the country and all the mba aspirants to visit the campus to our annual fest that is "I- FEST" this annual function is to be held for three days in the chilling winter month of december.......on 18th 19th and 20th december....across both the campuses. its a grand fest when all the students of colleges through out the country and collect at IILM for a grand fest where there are competitions like group dance,dalal street for stock exchange competition where the price money is 70,000 rs for the winning team, then games organized by the IT club of IILM that is gaming zone for all the gamers like counter strike and need for speed , fashion show or named as corporate walk, war of Dj's and many more happening competitions.....biggest attraction is attraction and interaction with students....so prepare your self and visit our campus.
for further details you can visit the web site
regards,
dhruv awasthi.
(student IILM)

Last edited by Apurv; 02-08-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-12-2009   #11
shivmurthy85@gmail.com
Rookie

Institute : indira
Company : -

Hi,
As you have 3yr exp in an IT field it will be best for you o opt for an MBA(IT),
there are many institutes available in India today but very few offer MBA(IT) at their best,
Symbiosis center for information technology(SCIT),is one of the best institutes in India Offering a 2yr full time MBA(IT),refer(scit.edu),for furhter details.

Symbiosis is a world class institution for MBA aspirants.

SCIT, Pune is one of the options for you. SCIT has carved its own position as the leading provider of
IT-related postgraduate management education. In developing potential leaders and technopreneur for the IT industry,
SCIT is well accepted as a premier IT B-school by topnotch IT companies and consulting firms.

Last date for registering at SCIT for admission Jan 9, 2010
Last date for accepting Application Fee for Admission Jan 12, 2010 4.00pm
SCIT Announcement of Shortlist for GD/PI Jan 21, 2010 by 8.00pm
Group Discussions / PI at SCIT Pune Round I: Feb 4-6, 2010
Round II: Feb 11-13, 2010
Announcement of Merit List & Waiting List at SCIT,
Pune and on the website Feb 26, 2010 By 8.00 p.m.
Last date for payment by the Merit List candidates (the first
installment of fees) March 23, 2010 By 1.30 p.m.
Hostel Registration starts from June 01, 2010
Programme Commencement June 02, 2010
Last Date of Admission July 01, 2010

For further details refer .scit.edu

All the best

Shiv Murthy - Student Counselor
shivmurthy85@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #12
shivmurthy85@gmail.com
Rookie

Hi,
As you have an 3yr exp in IT industry it will be best for you to opt for an MBA(IT),full time rather than opting for a part time since the value and demand for the part time is less as compared to the full time,

Symbiosis center for information technology(SCIT),is one of the best institutes in India Offering a 2yr full time MBA(IT),refer(scit.edu),for furhter details.

SCIT, Pune is one of the options for you. SCIT has carved its own position as the leading provider of
IT-related postgraduate management education. In developing potential leaders and technopreneur for the IT industry,
SCIT is well accepted as a premier IT B-school by topnotch IT companies and consulting firms.

For further details refer scit.edu

All the best

Old 01-03-2010   #13
musiclover91
Rookie

Institute : PEC
Company : Student

if you have taken up cat 2009, i suggest dms in Pondicherry University for the following specific reasons.
(1) AICTE recognized & NAAC accredited MBA from A+ (Business India) and top-Ranked 1 & 3 (Competition Success Review & GHRD survey) institute
(2) Value for money MBA with good-quality teaching faculty (all regular faculty are Ph. D), facilities like Hostels, WiFi campus, hi-tech computer center in a 800 acre campus
(3) Affordable, Opportunity for Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship and Placement guarantee (Application costs 200 bucks- Wud strongly recommend you to put one while you mull over this for coming several weeks! You can visit their website --> Admissions)

Hope this helps!
musiclover91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #14
shivmurthy85@gmail.com
Rookie

Hi,
As you have an exp in IT industry it will be best for you to opt for an MBA(IT),

For further details refer scit.edu

All the best

Old 01-12-2010   #15
Dhruv22
Expert

Institute : Graphic Era
Company : CoolAvenues

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaini747 View Post
The Internet Marketing Tax Guide provides insights and strategies into the tax consequences and responsibilities of Internet Marketers. How are domain registration fees handled? Can I deduct the cost of all of my computer equipment? Is the cost of a conference held on a cruise ship
Hi zaini,
Welcome to "coolavenues.com" but i would like to tell you that this forum is not for promoting any website.Moreover your suggestions are irrelevant to the people visiting us.I hope you will take it on a positive note.
Dhruv22 is offline   Reply With Quote