MBA News | MBA Jobs | MBA Students | MBA Aspirants | MBA Forums
--- CoolAvenues.Com ---
Home    |     MBA Jobs     |     Knowledge Zone     |     Seminars     |     Placement Report     |     Admission Alert      |   MBA Forums
CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ JMET    | CAT 2009    |   Executive MBA    |   GMAT    |   Help Line    |   Online MBA Help   |   Buy/Sell    |   Cafe   |   Gadgets  

CoolAvenues MBA Details
Page title
Join CoolAvenues on
Facebook Twitter Orkut

Go Back   MBA Forums :: CoolAvenues.com > CAT / MAT / XAT / JMET / CET / SNAP Board > CAT, XAT, MAT, CET, JMET related discussions

Old 08-06-2007   #1
manya.sahni
Rookie

Default CAT coaching

how is roots education for MBA preparation...i reccently attended a seminar of this coaching institute wich has 3 branches in delhi n is atrted by IIT IIM graduates...so plz let me know its track record...will it be viable to join some other institute rather than goin for IMS or career launcher...
waiting 4 reply...
manya.sahni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #2
deepblue
Super Moderator

frankly it does not matter if u go for roots , CL or IMS. All are more or less same.

main point to look at a class based coaching stuff

i) Quality of faculty
ii) Peer Group

otherwise test material or fee structure is more or less the same.
Old 08-12-2007   #3
dkcreatto
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepblue View Post
frankly it does not matter if u go for roots , CL or IMS. All are more or less same.

main point to look at a class based coaching stuff

i) Quality of faculty
ii) Peer Group

otherwise test material or fee structure is more or less the same.
No i dont agree completely with deepblue..

The thing here is that every institute is different from each other.
[Talking about method of teaching- no its not timetable, material, or classroom]

For a examination like CAT or any other I suggest you to check this basics with the institute itself?

1) Will they teach you from the basics or you have to co-op on their direct
advance application?
2) What kind of staff they have? Permanent or Temporary/Contractbase?
3) What is the qualification of the staff and center manager himself?
4) How much industry experience, mean real industry not the teaching industry, they have avail?
5) Do they provide you a fully functional library with top magazines, newspapers, books - about mba, industry, standards, novels, poetry, linguistic, mba entrance exam papers?
6) what kind of material and direct -one2one- support they will give you?
7) Is there some really jam packed student group with whom you can discuss at the extreme?
8) How many mock test will they provide you?
9) What kind of support you will get from them in GD-PI-Case Studies-Essays?These are the essentials of entering into best.
10) Will you get the support for all exams or only for the CAT?

Since every person has some + & -, check your - with what they provide.
Cheers
dkcreatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #4
abhinanda

Question best coaching centre in kolkata

please tell me which is the best coaching centre for cat in kolkata, ERUDITE or TIME?i alredy have ims materials.please do reply
abhinanda is offline   Reply With Quote