MBA News | MBA Jobs | MBA Students | MBA Aspirants | MBA Forums
--- CoolAvenues.Com ---
Home    |     MBA Jobs     |     Knowledge Zone     |     Seminars     |     Placement Report     |     Admission Alert      |   MBA Forums
CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ JMET    | CAT 2009    |   Executive MBA    |   GMAT    |   Help Line    |   Online MBA Help   |   Buy/Sell    |   Cafe   |   Gadgets  

Go Back   MBA Forums :: CoolAvenues.com > GMAT Board : all about GMAT and doing MBA abroad > GMAT & MBA abroad Help Line!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007   #1
mandy_iua
Rookie

Post 1 year MBA Options in INDIA

Hi

pls let me know what all options are there for 1 yr mba from INDIA except ISB and IIM.

thanks....
mandy.
mandy_iua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #2
aravinda lokesh p.s.
Rookie

Post hi

hi mandy,

I would suggest great lakes institute of management in chennai,its a reputed institute with great faculty from abroad.may be u can try there.let me know if u need any other clarification.
aravinda lokesh p.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #3
arvind.tyagi
Expert

you can also try XLRI & SP Jain
arvind.tyagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #4
shaanaladka

Thumbs up 1 year MBA

I have Joined Aegis School of Business in Mumbai for Jan 08 intake. They too offer the 1 year MBA program provided you have minimum of 2 yrs of work experience..
shaanaladka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #5
sushilg
Rookie

hi,

i am interested in mba it .,
you have any information then please help about cat &/ entrance

regards,

sushil
sushilg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #6
sushilg
Rookie

Default help

help about mba it
sushilg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008   #7
sandeep m
Rookie

Default Re: 1 year MBA Options in INDIA

I want to bring to notice of everyone SMOT Business School which is in chennai is a very good option.It has some outstanding faculty with it and some great visiting professors visit the campus.Most of the faculty are previously part of Great lakes and some of them work for both Great lakes and SMOT.

I am 1 yr PGPM Student at SMOT.You can ask me any questions regarding SMOT.

Last edited by sandeep m; 06-13-2008 at 11:06 AM.
sandeep m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008   #8
Great_Laker
Seasoned

Hi All,

I am sure the name of Great Lakes has already been mentioned as an option. I would like to add something more to it. BTW, my name is Ranjit and I am currently doing my mba at Great Lakes. The founder, Mr.Bala has been instrumental in starting institutes like ISB, MDI and Great Lakes. We have world class faculty with prominent names such as Nirmal Gupta (Marketing), Rakesh Singh (Economics), Paul Prabhakar (Marketing), T N Seshan. All these names are permanent faculty of great lakes!! We have been building up our list of permanent faculty over the years and by the end of this year, we will be having close to 13 permanent faculty.

We have a new campus coming up at ECR, Chennai which will be completed by the end of this year. This will have world class facilities, a capacity of 260 ppl in the classroom together with quality accommodation. This will also be a green eco-friendly campus. We also plan to have international students for our next batch which will make the learning experience truly international.

The average work experience at Great Lakes has always been high as compared to the other institutes. To give you an idea, the average work experience of the current batch is close to 48 months.

For the previous batch, the average salary for ppl with 2 or less years of work ex was 8 lakhs. The avg salary for ppl with 2 to 4 yrs is around 9.5 lakhs and it is around 12 lakhs for ppl with more than 4 years. Please note that these figures are inspite of the economic downturn we experienced in the beginning of the year. Although we have quite a few IT companies recruiting, the proportion of companies from other industries has been steadily increasing. We expect that these figures are going to get better by a good margin in this year's placements which would be due in Jan 2009.

We offer Finance, Marketing and IT & operations as specializations. We have students from diverse backgrounds like Merchant Navy, BPO, IES officer etc. We take GMAT as well as CAT score. The average CAT percentile is around 95 and the average GMAT score is around 680.

Life at Great Lakes rocks! It is a privilege to be interacting with world class faculty, doing challenging assignments with no time to spare for studies. It is a fast paced life but trust me guys, I am enjoying every bit of it. We also have guest lectures from renowned entrepreneurs and it serves as a forum for creative discussion and interaction. We also have visits from students abroad which is another opportunity to share and exhange ideas. We also have fests such as Latitude and Sanghamitra which are very popular in B school circles.

Dr.Bala, the dean believes in the money value of time. A MBA course can be done in one year by observing a strict time frame. This course is particularly suited for laterals. People start earning while students in other schools are studying!

Its only a matter of time before Great Lakes breaks into the top 10 b-schools in India with Dr.Bala at the fore, great faculty, quality of students.
Great_Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009   #9
Desire2win

Hi Guys,
I have 3 years of experience in VLSI industry.I joined Aegis school of business in 2008 Aug.Its a small school with not much advertisement.I am doing PGP and MPTM i.e Telecom Management course.It is great experience to join this school.
Batch is small but diverse in terms of experience and country.
Those who have desire to do real learning and career shift,Aegis is a right place to start with.

Last edited by Lord_of_the_Ring; 02-16-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-17-2009   #10
anilpank

Great Lakes is good no doubt. But I would suggest you to add some money and then go for 1 year MBA programs in UK. If your score as well as profile is good you could easily land up in a good school.
anilpank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #11
CoolAvenues GMAT Help
CoolAvenues Mentors

Hi,

Please do not assume that any and all MBA programs in the UK are top class. Check for accredition, rankings, employment track record both in the UK and in India before you sink your cost. It is a huge investment and the world is a different place today than it was a year ago. Gettings jobs is extremely difficult and you don't want to be left no better off than before the MBA.

Consider only those schools which are ranked and have a GMAT requirement if you want a good quality of education.

Atul Monga
CoolAvenues GMAT Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #12
talk2kunal
Rookie

Can anybody give insights on the PGP program at Aegis scholl of Business?? Is there any placement assistance.
talk2kunal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009   #13
talk2kunal
Rookie

Hi,

Guyz from AEGIS ..

Cud u throw some more light on the PGP course at AEGIS.. I maen Placement,Faculty etc..

PLease answer ASAP
Old 04-22-2009   #14
talk2kunal
Rookie

Hi,

Guyz from Aegis.. cud u throw some more light on the 1 year course(PGP).. like Placements & Faculty
Old 05-05-2009   #15
sundhara_kanthan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep m View Post
I want to bring to notice of everyone SMOT Business School which is in chennai is a very good option.It has some outstanding faculty with it and some great visiting professors visit the campus.Most of the faculty are previously part of Great lakes and some of them work for both Great lakes and SMOT.

I am 1 yr PGPM Student at SMOT.You can ask me any questions regarding SMOT.
Hi Sandeep, Thanks for the info. Could you please give some details of SMOT. Thanks.
sundhara_kanthan is offline   Reply With Quote