MBA News | MBA Jobs | MBA Students | MBA Aspirants | MBA Forums
--- CoolAvenues.Com ---
Home    |     MBA Jobs     |     Knowledge Zone     |     Seminars     |     Placement Report     |     Admission Alert      |   MBA Forums
CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ JMET    | CAT 2009    |   Executive MBA    |   GMAT    |   Help Line    |   Online MBA Help   |   Buy/Sell    |   Cafe   |   Gadgets  

Go Back   MBA Forums :: CoolAvenues.com > CAT / MAT / XAT / JMET / CET / SNAP Board > Discuss Indian B-Schools

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007   #1
prachi.makker

Default Global Business Operations MBA at SRCC New Delhi

Hi..I'm Prachi...I'm 21yrs..n pursuing my post graduation in International Business from SRCC (Shri Ram College Of Commerce , Delhi )...!!
Many of u must be stunned by the mention of the term Post Graduation and SRCC (Delhi)..!!
Well the course is called GBO ( Global Business Operations) and is a Post Graduate Programme of the MBa genre...!!
Being a student of the college at the undergraduate level (B. COM (h) )and at the post graduate too i'd be in a better position to help you guys out...so..Any Queries regarding the college and course are absolutely welcome..!!
prachi.makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #2
prachi.makker

Default GBO( Global Business Operations ) by SRCC, du

Hi..I'm Prachi...I'm 21yrs..n pursuing my post graduation in International Business from SRCC.(Shri Ram College of Commerce)..!!
Many of u must be stunned by the mention of the term Post Graduation and SRCC (Delhi)..!!
Well the course is called GBO ( Global Business Operations) and is a Post Graduate Programme of the MBA genre...!!
Being a student of the college at the undergraduate level (B. COM (h) )and at the post graduate too i'd be in a better position to help you guys out...so..Any Queries regarding the college and course are absolutely welcome..!!
Old 09-04-2007   #3
iima_asp
Seasoned

hi prachi

thanks for info??

Can you tell me about the exam it uses ?? CAT / MAT

Qualifying score / cut off percentile

Fee

and Placements
iima_asp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #4
gauravgoelonline
Expert

Default hi

as far as i know, it conducts its own exam and thus do not accept any other score.

and it does not have a percentile thing but it takes out its merit list.

fees is very nominal, around 50000/- if i am not wrong.

rest i think i should hand over to prachi.

regards
gaurav
gauravgoelonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #5
TECHNOCRAT
Seasoned

Send a message via Yahoo to TECHNOCRAT
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by prachi.makker View Post
Hi..I'm Prachi...I'm 21yrs..n pursuing my post graduation in International Business from SRCC.(Shri Ram College of Commerce)..!!
Well the course is called GBO ( Global Business Operations) and is a Post Graduate Programme of the MBA genre...!!

i wud like to know how many ppl take the entrance exam of "srcc - gbo "" & how many seats r ter 4 the course ??

pls replyy..
Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true...
TECHNOCRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #6
prachi.makker

hi..ppl..!!!
The fees of the course comes to 30000 Rs approx per annum.
The course offers one of the best ROI (Return On Investments) in the academic circle.....our previous batch's highest salary was around RS 9 lakhs per annum...and the avg salary being RS6.57 Lakhs per annum...!!!

The colllege conducts its own entrance in the month of January(last time it was 28 jan).....n the forms are available sometime in early december..!!

Well about the seats... the coll has 40 seats in all....and has a quota of around 15% for SC and 7.5% for STs.....as per the current norms....!!

hope i've answered atleast sum of ur doubts..if nt all...
for any other queries..u can ..mess me anytime on this forum..!! good luck!!

Last edited by prachi.makker; 09-18-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-06-2007   #7
kinshuksunil
Rookie

Yes
GBO conducts its own exam... takes out merit lists for admissions... the fees is very nominal only approaching 30K...

i'll confirm the number of ppl who took the exam last year... but the seats are 40. However the college does play with the number of seats based on the quality of merit....

for example... my batch saw admission of only arnd 32ppl while the seats were 40... my junior batch saw admission of abt 50 students while teh seats were 40... they are more talented
kinshuksunil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #8
enigma_me06
Rookie

Post global business operations-query

read ur post.found it interesting. i'm currently pursuing B.B.E,final year..wanted to know more about the course.

how can i get details of the enterance examination for the course as the srcc site for the required page is under construction.
enigma_me06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #9
abhinanda

Question

what kind of exams do they conduct?is it in the lines of other management entrances like CAT etc?if so,how should one prepare for it?
abhinanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #10
gauravgoelonline
Expert

Default hey prachi n sunil

a bit of confusion.

as far as i know the fee is 30000/- per year that means for two sems and not the 4 sems.( correct me if m wrong.).

secondly the avg package last year was 5.47 instead of 6.57.

plz clarify.

regards
gaurav
gauravgoelonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #11
sandeep_kharb13
Rookie

Default gbo rocks

hi guys the GBO SRCC course is similar to IIFT,nd the course structure is on line with the requirements of current market situation and industry requirements, .................. nd the seats have increased to 55 tis year, nd as other people have already mentioned the fees here is nominal &
the paper is similar to FMS wich checks ur aptitude, logical reasoning and analytical skills, reading comprehension nd of course general knowledge........wich is followed by gd & interview rounds,
so do check out for this course
sandeep_kharb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #12
sandeep_kharb13
Rookie

Default gbo rocks

hi gaurav as far as avg. pacg is concerned it is 6.57 lakhs not
5.47 lacs
Old 09-07-2007   #13
kinshuksunil
Rookie

indeed the fees is abt rs. 28K per year...

as far as the packages are concerned... last year the highest package was 9L and the average was indeed 6.57L
Old 09-07-2007   #14
kinshuksunil
Rookie

the entrance exam is on the lines of CAT.. so the prep shud go as for any entrance exam...

forms will be available by nov end... there are ads in various media.. for more details u can visit the srcc website: www dot srcc dot edu

however, this website is currently under development.

sorry for the dbl post..
Old 09-07-2007   #15
sandeep_kharb13
Rookie

Default gbo rocks

hi tis is sandeep of gbo
d average salary in GBO is 6.57 lakhs not 5.47 lakhs