MBA News | MBA Jobs | MBA Students | MBA Aspirants | MBA Forums
--- CoolAvenues.Com ---
Home    |     MBA Jobs     |     Knowledge Zone     |     Seminars     |     Placement Report     |     Admission Alert      |   MBA Forums
CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ JMET    | CAT 2009    |   Executive MBA    |   GMAT    |   Help Line    |   Online MBA Help   |   Buy/Sell    |   Cafe   |   Gadgets  

CoolAvenues MBA Details
Page title
Join CoolAvenues on
Facebook Twitter Orkut

Go Back   MBA Forums :: CoolAvenues.com > CAT / MAT / XAT / JMET / CET / SNAP Board > Discuss Indian B-Schools

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008   #1
amitsrivastava

Default MBE - Delhi University, Admission Queries

There are courses in Mangement, there are courses available in Economics and then There is Master of Business Economics. The Master of Business Economics programme with its emphasis on adding value to business with application of economic principles, performs the unique role of bridging the gap between theoretical economics and business administration. The course imparts economic skills and problem-solving competencies necessary to deal with challenges posed by the increasingly complex and rapidly changing business environment.

One of the Best universities of World, Delhi University have started this program way back in 1973 on the lines of Harward Business School.

The entrance test key dates are out and so is the thread for queries related to get into this prestigious program. Shoot out your queries related to admission, entrance test , course structure and whatever you feel you should know about the program.

Govt institutions have nothing to hide or inflate the figures. SO we show the figures as it is.
For convinience of you guys im giving you a placement snapshot for 2008

Highest : 9.6 LPA
Mean :7.1 LPA
Median :6.85 LPA

now coming to the companies that visited this year(for 2008 passouts).. i dont remember all but some are as below:

American Express
Deloitte
Inductis
SBI mutual funds
ICICI Bank
ICICI Securities
HDFC bank
D E Shaw
Trident
IMRB
AC Nielsen
Market RX
India Infrastructure
BMR Associates
TERI
IL & FS
Power Finance Corporation (Navratna PSU)

Last edited by amitsrivastava; 12-16-2008 at 10:19 AM.
amitsrivastava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008   #2
a.k.
Rookie

Default Re: MBE - Delhi University, Admission Queries

hello
Are u doin M.B.E. from DU? can forms be filled online or are they available online?
a.k. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #3
amitsrivastava

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.k. View Post
hello
Are u doin M.B.E. from DU? can forms be filled online or are they available online?
Yup I am student of MBE DU. Actually forms are not out s of now only the dates.
As of now, MBE sont have online forms available but that can easily be bought via post
Fordetails keep visiting mbe-du.org
Old 10-29-2008   #4
a.k.
Rookie

hello
u r in which yr? can u give me some tips for its prep. esp. in maths.............which chapters shud b given more importance.........is it possible dat if i conc. on other sections of d paper will i b able to qualify it?
Old 10-30-2008   #5
a.k.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsrivastava View Post
Yup I am student of MBE DU. Actually forms are not out s of now only the dates.
As of now, MBE sont have online forms available but that can easily be bought via post
Fordetails keep visiting mbe-du.org
hello,
so u r in which yr? can u please give me some tips for its prep. esp. in maths...........which chapters shud b given more importance in maths?although i hv started d prep........ if i prepare other 3 sections for the entrance will i b able to qualify it?......what u say.....please guide me.
Old 10-30-2008   #6
amitsrivastava

Quote:
hello,
so u r in which yr? can u please give me some tips for its prep. esp. in maths...........which chapters shud b given more importance in maths?although i hv started d prep........ if i prepare other 3 sections for the entrance will i b able to qualify it?......what u say.....please guide me.
Hi dude,

Im in first year. See, its highly competitive exam and merit goes very high so keeping thta in view you have to perform good in every section . There is know sectional cutoff but you have to score sufficiently high overall and that can be done only when you perform gr8 in all sections.

there are few chapters from higher maths like calculus stats which are add on in syllabus otherwise the questions are more or less same difficulty level like other teats other than CAT. STart brushing up yopur GK which may win or lose game for you.

ATB
Old 11-04-2008   #7
amitsrivastava

Notification is out!!!

Check it out guys, also you can go to website for details
Old 11-06-2008   #8
a.k.
Rookie

forms r available online......can u tell me that whether sample entrance papers r available somewhere?
Old 11-06-2008   #9
amitsrivastava

Quote:
forms r available online......can u tell me that whether sample entrance papers r available somewhere?
I didnt see its papers anywhere. Someone told me that paper might be in competition master or CSR magazine. Not sure though.
Wud suggest you to get a feel of FMS paper . MBE is somewhat similar except the maths section is tougher and have additional Busienss Eco and GK section.

ATB
AMit
Old 11-11-2008   #10
amitsrivastava

Reason to be happy Number of seats are increased this year. Its 72 now.

ATB
Old 11-12-2008   #11
totoraj
Rookie

Hello,
My name is Raj. I have completed my M.COM. But my percntage is less then 50%. But my percentage is 73% in P.G.D.C.A. can I eligible for this course.
Please reply as soon as possible.
Thanks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsrivastava View Post
There are courses in Mangement, there are courses available in Economics and then There is Master of Business Economics. The Master of Business Economics programme with its emphasis on adding value to business with application of economic principles, performs the unique role of bridging the gap between theoretical economics and business administration. The course imparts economic skills and problem-solving competencies necessary to deal with challenges posed by the increasingly complex and rapidly changing business environment.

One of the Best universities of World, Delhi University have started this program way back in 1973 on the lines of Harward Business School.

The entrance test key dates are out and so is the thread for queries related to get into this prestigious program. Shoot out your queries related to admission, entrance test , course structure and whatever you feel you should know about the program.
totoraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #12
amitsrivastava

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoraj View Post
Hello,
My name is Raj. I have completed my M.COM. But my percntage is less then 50%. But my percentage is 73% in P.G.D.C.A. can I eligible for this course.
Please reply as soon as possible.
Thanks .
Hi Raj,

Sorry for being late in reply. Well if you see the prospectus, its clearly mentioned the minimum percentage in graduation required for applying to MBE.

SO you have to bother about graduation percentage. If possible give me your graduation percentage and branch. i wud try to ask in deoartment.

Thanx
Old 12-08-2008   #13
amitsrivastava

Hey guys,

Last date is very close so hurry up before its too late
Old 12-12-2008   #14
a.k.
Rookie

helloooo....
amitsrivastva
i want to know that is it advantageous to have work expirence in this course as in other professional courses more weightage is given to those who have work experience????if so,then how many years experience is enough and in which industry its good to have it???i m asking it,in case i dont get selected......jst a query...
Old 12-15-2008   #15
amitsrivastava

HI,

Work Experince would always be and asset and would sure benefit you only that the weightage may differ. Here at DBE, wrk ex guys would not get any point before interview but work ex would definitely factored in at the time of Interview. The question may or may not revolve around your work ex in at the time of interview but that would sure have an upper edge over the others.

Regards,
Amit