MBA News | MBA Jobs | MBA Students | MBA Aspirants | MBA Forums
--- CoolAvenues.Com ---
Home    |     MBA Jobs     |     Knowledge Zone     |     Seminars     |     Placement Report     |     Admission Alert      |   MBA Forums
CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ JMET    | CAT 2009    |   Executive MBA    |   GMAT    |   Help Line    |   Online MBA Help   |   Buy/Sell    |   Cafe   |   Gadgets  

CoolAvenues MBA Details
Page title
Join CoolAvenues on
Facebook Twitter Orkut

Go Back   MBA Forums :: CoolAvenues.com > CAT / MAT / XAT / JMET / CET / SNAP Board > Discuss Indian B-Schools

Old 10-02-2004   #1
coolwel
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to coolwel
Default Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai - Find all answers

Hi,

I belong to PGDBM(finance) class of 2003-05 batch at Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai.

If you have any queries about welingkar, please feel free to ask.
coolwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #2
rammudoo
Rookie

Default reply soon

Hi,I'm a B.B.A student aspiring to do an MBA in one of the top B-Schools in India.

However my past academic record is:
83% & 84%(53% in Maths) in 10th and 12th standard and 92%in B.B.A.

Is it enough for getting selected during the selection process at Welingkar Institute of Management? I'm also the college(autonomous institution) topper in B.B.A degree.I've also completed courses in Oracle 9i & MS Office.

Please reply.
rammudoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004   #3
coolwel
Rookie

hi,

As ur acads r decent, u stand at a very good chance of getting selected.

But u should be able to cross 2 imp hurdles. First is the cut-off so that u get a call and second one is ur performance in GD.

Its only then, that u will have an edge over others at the time of interview because of ur acads........

And there are many toppers from good commerce,mgmt. & engg. colleges from across india in my batch. This is the testimony of the importance of being a topper. So just be cool and try to perform well in the test and GD.

Best of luck.
Old 10-29-2004   #4
alok_som
Rookie

i have some doubts about cut-offs for various colleges in b- schools other than iims in top 20.
well i joined cat series and i am consistently getting above 90% percintile
i am just passed out engg. without exp. and avg. acads.
i am confused in which college i should apply. and more important is in which college with given score i hold a good chance in getting call.
my budget for application is quiet low so please guide me.

yours sincerely
alok somwanshi
pune
alok_som is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004   #5
coolwel
Rookie

Default regarding decisions

As u r a fresher u may like to wait for a couple of years; if u don't get in a good b-school. This decision is very very important.

U need to make up ur mind as to "waiting period" for mba.
If u r ready to wait for 2 years for top 10 b-schools then u r taking a risk which u can only take if u r confident of scoring good CAT score even after 2 years. If your performance still remains same (90 to 95 percentile)then there is no point in waiting for "top 10" and just apply to some schools of the next cadre, this year itself. But mind well, doing mba from "non-top-20" is of no use.......so just apply to later ones (i.e. 17-20) for safety.

so close yourself in a room and think about yourself, about your past performances in life, about your track records of achievements, etc, and then decide :!: Bcos if now u apply only to iims, dont make up to it, and even after 2 years land into some non-top-10, then i would suggest that it would be a wrong decision in your life.
On non-top-10 campuses, to leverage on the basis of your experience is quite difficult, and again u should have experience in RELEVANT field.

Try doing scenario-building-exercise.
Say, now u don't make to iims and get technical job in an engg. company. After 2 years suppose u make to iims but now u are intersted in marketing. If u get job in HCL infosystems then u will not get any benefit of your experience bcos they consider only those people as "experienced persons" who have min. 2 years exp in MARKETING!

Thus, at every stage there are many possibilities and all possibilities have different probabilites. Just do scenario-building of all possible permutations of possibilities having high probabilities and reach upto a decision and accordingly fill up the forms..........while reading this, it may look quite tedious but implementing it may take hardly half an hour..........
Old 12-24-2004   #6
sanjana_k_1984
Rookie

Default %tile for Welingkar?

Hi there,
Could you plz tell me what are the cut-off %tile for Welingkar? Also, is the selection through MAT or CAT?
Thanks
Sanjana
sanjana_k_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004   #7
tulikas
Seasoned

Default cat cuit off

it is expected around 90%

Admission to Wellingkar is through CAT
tulikas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #8
coolwel
Rookie

Default Regarding Cutoffs

hi,

Sectional cutoffs are also equally important. Even if your overall score is not 90 percentile but if you have performed better in one or two sections and/or if your profile is good, you may get a call.
Old 12-26-2004   #9
coolwel
Rookie

Default scores that are accepted by Welingkar

hi,

For this academic year, only CAT score is accepted by Welingkar. Strictly only CAT score and score of no other tests.
Old 02-22-2005   #10
israni40
Rookie

hey which ones better PGDBM or MMS ..
plz cud u let me know..
n how r the placements in both of them ...?!?!
israni40 is offline   Reply With Quote