MBA News | MBA Jobs | MBA Students | MBA Aspirants | MBA Forums
--- CoolAvenues.Com ---
Home    |     MBA Jobs     |     Knowledge Zone     |     Seminars     |     Placement Report     |     Admission Alert      |   MBA Forums
CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ JMET    | CAT 2009    |   Executive MBA    |   GMAT    |   Help Line    |   Online MBA Help   |   Buy/Sell    |   Cafe   |   Gadgets  

Go Back   MBA Forums :: CoolAvenues.com > MBA/ Management Career Help > Management Career Discussion Zone

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average. Display Modes
Old 10-30-2005   #1
kaushaladarsh
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to kaushaladarsh
Default MBA@ ICFAI, Hyderabad

Hi all,

I am Kaushal, from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad.

Considering the rapid growth of business and the wide spectrum of opportunities coming up everyday, an MBA Degree is no doubt a powerful asset for any CV.

While a regular MBA course is everyone's dream but due to many considerations not all are able to pursue it. For those professionals who wish to do an MBA but are unable to leave there jobs and pursue a full time course, ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (One among the top 10 B-Schools in India) has developed a comprehensive learning package in the form of MBA - Distance Learning Program.

This mail aims at providing an insight into the same.

Not only is this course as good as the regular one but also offers complete flexibility keeping in mind professional commitments and project deadlines.
The course material complies with the latest happenings in the market, a comprehensive analysis of the market scenario and has a cutting edge with a case study focus. An e-learning package with multimedia and CDs of lectures will enhance further understanding of the subjects.

Some of the Unique Features of the Course are:

1.) Flexibility in Examination Schedule: With over 130 examination centers across the country, you can appear for exams from anywhere according to your convenience. The exams are held quarterly and you can give exams in any quarter depending upon your feasibility. Hence in case of project deadlines, the exams won’t be an additional problem! Give them whenever you are free!

2.) Three Levels of Certification: Three certificates provided at different stages (3 Stages in Total) of completion of exams. On clearing the first level (i.e. 6 Exams) a Diploma in Business Mgmt is given followed by Advance Diploma in Business Management and MBA degree at the end of subsequent stages.

3.) Quality Course Material: Regularly updated study material (including text books, work books, books of reading, magazines and journals) is provided after every 3 months. The syllabus not only covers the subjects but also cover the latest market developments.

4.) Case Study Focus: Many Case Studies like McDonalds, Microsoft, HLL, ICICI, etc will be provided which shall give a practical side to the MBA Course.

5.) Unique E-Learning Package: Full multi media package of entire MBA course in CDs will be provided consisting of e-lectures, mock tests, e-notes, quizzes, articles etc.

6.) Job Assistance will also be provided after successful completion of the course. ICFAI has corporate tie up with ALCHEMIST, one of India's leading placement consultancy spread across the entire country.

7.) Training Classes: Optional training classes are held for 3 months in 100 study centers all over INDIA on weekends or in the evening during weekdays

8.) 24*7 Web Support: Online results, admit cards, previous papers, examination registration etc. are provided

9.) Wide Range of Electives: Marketing, Finance, HRM, Operations, IT & Systems, International Business, Banking, Insurance and Investments

10.) Industry Recognition of the Course: The course is recognized by every business house in the country

So give a thought before joining some other institute and consider the one which provides you some value addition and also comfortable stress free life.

In case any query feel free to call at 09885861534

Thanks and Regards.

Kaushal 8)
kaushaladarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #2
devang
Expert

Default word of caution about ICFAI

Hi All

ICFAI in order to milk money have opened MBA schol in practically all cities and all possible combintaions. See this
MBA portfolio management
MBA Brand management

etc etc

no School in world has come with such stupid two year courses so either wartons and harvards of the world are stupid or ICFAI is best of the lot s :twisted:

ICFAI fee are crazy and placements r zilch

so better ICFAI if you belong to top of the class and for mediacore , everything is good
devang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #3
vishal gautam kamble
Rookie

Default thread abt icfai

hi
i am vishal iam seeking admission in icfai sangli centre
i want info abt status of PGDBA & also placements of icfai
pls HELP ME
vishal gautam kamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #4
rajatv
Seasoned

Default ICFAI Sangli

Hi

only ICFAI which is somewhat better is ICFAi Hyderabad & Gurgaon. rest u can very well ignore
rajatv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #5
mdwaseemakhtar
Rookie

Default hello

hi everybody.
i am planning for MBA in ICFAI.
So can anybody please mail me the couse material of the course at
please its very urgent.

Last edited by deepblue; 11-01-2006 at 09:46 AM.
mdwaseemakhtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #6
iima_asp
Seasoned

Hey

y do you require course materail b4 applying?
iima_asp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #7
amna
Rookie

Default Icfai Ruined My Life Its A Trap Beware!!!!!

HI EVERY BODY
this is a word of caution and even more for aal the people who apply to icfai hyderabad considering it a best business sckoool its THE WORST I'LL SAY , 2 YEARS BACK I REGISTERD my self in ms finance . and i have cleared only one group thats alpha , course material is gr8 but u know wat ITS LIKE LEARNING TO SWIM WITHOUT WATER IN THE POOL I WASTED MY 2 YEARS IN HOPE OF GETTING A CFA DEGRREEE BUT NOW COURT HAS ORDERD THAT THEY CANNOT GRANT ACFA DESIGNATION TO US ITS AAL FAKE I INVESTED MORE THAN 50000 IN FEES WHICH WILL NOT B REFUNDED NO HELP FROM UNOIVERSITY .......
DONT EVEN THINK OF GOING INTO ANY OF ICFAI DISTANCE LEARNING PROGARM THAY ARE THE WORST.
MY CAREER IS RUINED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I REALLY HATE ICFAI
amna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #8
Godfather
Rookie

My sympathies to you my friend.

I read it on wikipedia that ICFAI were sued sucessfully by CFA Institute (formerly known as AIMR, one which gives CFA cahrter worldwide) of trademark violation.

Apparently, ICFAI also awarded the CFA degrees to its student. The court without going into the quality of the program offered by ICFAI and comparing it with the CFA institute banned ICFAI from using CFA degree in North America (USA and Canada).

Also, the fees they charge is exorbitant and on par with CFA Institute. Their degrees don't have a global recognition either.

I urge all to make your decisions wisely.

Godfather.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007   #9
charu bhatia
Rookie

Default please help

hi i have got admission in icfai hyderabad in MS(HR)..PLZZ TELL ME WHTR THIS COUSRE IS WORTH JOININ OR NOT BCOZ IT HAS BEEN RECENTLY STARTED AT THE CAMPUS i also want to knw whtr it has been started this year or in the previous year ..n how well r the placements.....reply asap...
charu bhatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007   #10
romelchakravarty
Rookie

Default suggestion

Hi people

Currently iam working in Bpo sector, I am very much interested in joining an MBA distance programe course. Kindly suggest which distance course pragrame would be the best for MBA in finance.

Thanks & Regards

Romel
romelchakravarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #11
ritwik315
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amna View Post
HI EVERY BODY
this is a word of caution and even more for aal the people who apply to icfai hyderabad considering it a best business sckoool its THE WORST I'LL SAY , 2 YEARS BACK I REGISTERD my self in ms finance . and i have cleared only one group thats alpha , course material is gr8 but u know wat ITS LIKE LEARNING TO SWIM WITHOUT WATER IN THE POOL I WASTED MY 2 YEARS IN HOPE OF GETTING A CFA DEGRREEE BUT NOW COURT HAS ORDERD THAT THEY CANNOT GRANT ACFA DESIGNATION TO US ITS AAL FAKE I INVESTED MORE THAN 50000 IN FEES WHICH WILL NOT B REFUNDED NO HELP FROM UNOIVERSITY .......
DONT EVEN THINK OF GOING INTO ANY OF ICFAI DISTANCE LEARNING PROGARM THAY ARE THE WORST.
MY CAREER IS RUINED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I REALLY HATE ICFAI
Hi !

I am sorry to hear your fate with ICFAI. What you said is 100% true. There is absolutely no value to ICFAI and it's programs. They just make money. I have my cousin who works in ICFAI, hyderabad wihich i tihink is it's head office. He laughs at the number of people joining blindly.

a) Cost is too much and their service just opposite. You never get study material on time.
b) Exam fee is too costly.
c) There website is hopeless. Getting hall ticket ionline is a nightmare.
d) they never tell pass %age
e) All students enrolled are mostly techie guys already well employed and they don't care for 70,000 rupees etc.
f) Placement is just zero.
h) There is talk that these guy s fail you wantedly to make the curriculum apper tough.

PLZ PLZ don't join ICFAI. You will be fooled.
ritwik315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007   #12
pavancoolforhotfriends
Rookie

Smile Hi guys,

this is anand and I am planning to do MBA with icfai.
can u just send me the course detail and fee regarding the MBA.
pavancoolforhotfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007   #13
raman
Expert

ICFAI is wate of time. Better do MBA from some better place or dont do MBA
raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007   #14
sonasri
Rookie

Default ICFAI DISTANCE LEARNING----moderators pls reply !!

hi

i was planning to pursue MS-finance (distance learning) from ICFAI,but after reading this thread am in doubt though i really liked the course contents.
infact one of my friend doing MBA -regular frm ICFAI ahemdabad had suggested me to pursue this course....and he also said that this course has great market value.
on coolavenues i've read a lot against ICFAI--distance learning prog;but actually could not get any concrete reason.

pls suggest if its worth to get enrolled in any of ICFAI distance learning courses specifically incase of working individuals.

thanks
sona
sonasri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007   #15
ashwani2101
Rookie

Question regarding admission in EPYP IIM by Calcutta

Dear all i want to know about the 'Executive program for young profeesional' by IIM Calcutta on Huges plateform ( online).

Please help me to get out of the dilema.

Ashwani Malhotra
ashwani2101 is offline   Reply With Quote