MBA News | MBA Jobs | MBA Students | MBA Aspirants | MBA Forums
--- CoolAvenues.Com ---
Home    |     MBA Jobs     |     Knowledge Zone     |     Seminars     |     Placement Report     |     Admission Alert      |   MBA Forums
CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ JMET    | CAT 2009    |   Executive MBA    |   GMAT    |   Help Line    |   Online MBA Help   |   Buy/Sell    |   Cafe   |   Gadgets  

CoolAvenues MBA Details
Page title
Join CoolAvenues on
Facebook Twitter Orkut

Go Back   MBA Forums :: CoolAvenues.com > Executive MBA | Correspondence / Part Time / Online / Distance MBA Forum > Executive MBA | Correspondence / Part Time / Online / Distance MBA Career discussion Forum

Old 07-08-2007   #11
Jagan_mano
Rookie

Default m.s project regd

Is anyone persuing m.s thro distance education in this forum??
me doing my final sem -- need to do project
anyone furnish details of the project, guide me or give me more infor regarding it.
thanks in advance
jagan
Jagan_mano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #12
talkto_vgopi
Rookie

Default MS(Software Systems) from BITS, Pilani

I am Gopi, working with Tata Consultancy Services Ltd for the past 3.5 years. I am holding a Bachelor's Degree of B.Tech in Mechanical Engg from NIT, Jalandhar. I did my graduation during Aug 1996-May 2000. I am very much interested in doing M.S in Software Systems from BITS, Pilani.
I have the folllowing doubts in this regard. Can you please clarify the same for me?
1. I am holding a second class(58%) B.Tech(Mechanical Engg) from NIT, Jalandhar. Can I pursue MS with BITS, Pilani being a second class graduate?
2. Currently I am located at USA. Can I pursue MS with BITS, Pilani being out of India?
3. As far as my knowledge is concerned, Tata Consultancy Services doesnt have a collaboration with BITS, Pilani in this regard. If there is such a collaboration, can you please let me know sothat I can proceed with that?
4. Since there is no collaboration, I am doubtful whether I will be able to get educational sponsorship from our organization. Incase if I dont get educational assistance and still I am willing to pursue on my won expenditure, can I do that?
Please clarify the above doubts, I would be very thankful to you. Expecting your reply soon on this. Thanks a lot in advance.
talkto_vgopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #13
talkto_vgopi
Rookie

Default MS(Software Systems) from BITS, Pilani

Hi,

I am Gopi, working with Tata Consultancy Services Ltd for the past 3.5 years. I am holding a Bachelor's Degree of B.Tech in Mechanical Engg from NIT, Jalandhar. I did my graduation during Aug 1996-May 2000. I am very much interested in doing M.S in Software Systems from BITS, Pilani.
I have the folllowing doubts in this regard. Can you please clarify the same for me?
1. I am holding a second class(58%) B.Tech(Mechanical Engg) from NIT, Jalandhar. Can I pursue MS with BITS, Pilani being a second class graduate?
2. Currently I am located at USA. Can I pursue MS with BITS, Pilani being out of India?
3. As far as my knowledge is concerned, Tata Consultancy Services doesnt have a collaboration with BITS, Pilani in this regard. If there is such a collaboration, can you please let me know sothat I can proceed with that?
4. Since there is no collaboration, I am doubtful whether I will be able to get educational sponsorship from our organization. I will try my best from my side. Incase if I dont get educational assistance and still I am willing to pursue on my won expenditure, can I do that?
Please clarify the above doubts, I would be very thankful to you.

talkto_vgopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #14
nemish_mahendra
Rookie

Default info regarding MS

hi !
i had completed my engineering in electronics frm nagpur univ. in2006..
i want to do MS in computer science, is there any distance learning course in BITS Pilani..waiting for reply..thanks in advanced..
nemish_mahendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #15
priyanka thakur
Rookie

Default Re: Distance Learning from BITS Pilani

hi everyone,
Thanks fr letting me join the forum,
I am in govt. service fr last 10 years as a middle level officer however i wish to change my job, i wish to do MBA through distance learning, plz tell me about most reputed institutes , their mode of admission,placements etc.
thanks in advance
priyanka thakur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #16
dev arora
Rookie

[Hi dear MBA , do not do this , go 4 PGDM courses, IIMs , IMT, IIPM , ISB, such a Top Biz School Provide PGDM , Race with BIG things , meet DEV Counselling free, dev.blsim@gmail.com 98112-64782 =ace_deuce911;20590]

I have gone through all distance learning discussion till now and never seen a mention of BITS pilani. I read in Business Week that is one of top asian institute for distance learning.

Anyways what I would like to know is?
- The difference between courses "BS Information System" and "MS Information system" which are offered by BITS pilani
- Credibility of these courses
- Are any of them equivalent to PG or Masters?
- Am I eligible for both courses?

To add up I have 3 years work experience and I have done B.Com from Mumbai Univ.

Please suggest. Thanks in Advance! [/quote]
dev arora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009   #17
Unregistered

Default Re: Regarding MS from BITS

Quote:
Originally Posted by amits123 View Post
There are various courscs offered by BITS, u can visit their website at
bits-pilani.ac.in/dlp-home ( U add the http: stuff and also www)
coz i m not able to send u d link
If u r planning to do MS thru Distance Learning program the following r the steps .

1. Select the stream in which u want to do the specialization.
2. Once u select it, just fill up an online form.
3. Once u r done with it, u will get another online form which u shud take a print out and follow d instructions in d form and send it to BITS pilani thru post with a DD of Rs. 800.
4. Depending on ur profile, ur organization and ur mentor's profile they will shortlist ur profile and will let u know if u r eligeable for d admission.
5. Once u get an approval, u need to send one more DD of rs 27500 (10000 for admission fees and 17,500 for semester fees ) .
6. U will be given an unique ID no..
7. there will be contact sessions once everything is done for 15 days ( d venue for contact session will be as defined by u in d form).

I hope this info will be of some use to u.
Ya and one more thing i dont know whether BITS offers MS full time since its not mentioned on their website ,

All the best...
Thanks The reply was really helpfull.
Old 02-16-2009   #18
Rakesh paulraj

hi all,

i am a B.E. graduate with one and half years exp in IT. The org that am workin currently is having collaborations with BITS for MS(SS). So tot of pursuing. But couple of things i want to clarify and need help from you guys..

As i am working , i couldnt do a full time degree. But through friends i came to know that this BITS course is a good and worth equivalent to a regular degree. But whatever the sem fees (rs.20k) seems to be very high for a distance learning course. I am doubtful whether it will be that much worth.

Kindly advise me, as am not interested to spend so much money if its goin to be just like any other normal distance learning course....

thanks in advance.
Old 05-06-2009   #19
amitagulia
Rookie

Unhappy Re: Distance Learning from BITS Pilani

Hi All,

I have done BE-CSE and currently working as a software tester. I have 2 yrs and 4 months of work experience.

I have been trying to find information about MS in Quality MAnagement from BITS Pilani. I have gone through the BITS Pilani site.
Can any one tell me if the program is valuable enough and will help me in my carrer path????

Plz Reply
amitagulia is offline   Reply With Quote