MBA News | MBA Jobs | MBA Students | MBA Aspirants | MBA Forums
--- CoolAvenues.Com ---
Home    |     MBA Jobs     |     Knowledge Zone     |     Seminars     |     Placement Report     |     Admission Alert      |   MBA Forums
CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ JMET    | CAT 2009    |   Executive MBA    |   GMAT    |   Help Line    |   Online MBA Help   |   Buy/Sell    |   Cafe   |   Gadgets  

Go Back   MBA Forums :: CoolAvenues.com > MBA Alumni Area : Management Knowledge Discussion Area > Marketing Zone

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-12-2006   #1
Meenakshi
Rookie

Default what is Brand Equity

Hi Mehjabeen,

Thanks a lot for the information provided.I know a little about DSS.Any way i will go through it once more for detailed understanding.Could u tell me on the concept of Brand Equity.It would be better If u could eloborate more on it with live examples.

Are u a student or professional.

Regards
Meenakshi.
Meenakshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #2
deepblue
Super Moderator

Hi Meenakshi

Just a small advice. when u start new thread try to put key word in Subject only so that ppl have an idea. a generic term like "Hi" etc does not tell any thing about topic and ppl tend to ignore that and hence in this thread you could have written as "What is Brand Equity" which would have prompted answers from all brand stalwarts like abhi etc

i am modifying this one.
Old 09-13-2006   #3
Abhi

Send a message via Yahoo to Abhi
Default Brand Equity

Thanks Deepblue for the honour, but beleve me I am still learning and by no means am a stalwart.

Anyways, i'll get back to work and answer the query on brand equity...

Brand Equity is the value of a brand built up over a period of time. It is composed of four components namely Image, Perception,Awareness and Loyalty. However some researchers say that image and awareness are the main components and the other two get covered in these two. To calculate brand equity, both the tangible(functional) and intangible(emotional) attributes are measured. The end result of the measurement is brand equity. Its quite complex and difficult to calculate brand equity. But to make it easier to understand (for Meenakshi), I would say brand equity is the difference between the expected future sales of a branded product and an unbranded product. Now marketing masterminds have also come up with a new theory "Customer Based Brand Equity" with models to measure it. The models to measure brand equity are based mainly on conjoint analysis. However there are many models and they may have different algorithms.... For detailed information on Brand Equity you can refer "Managing Brand Equity" by David Aaker and Economist Series on Brand Equity.

Thanks And Regards
Abhi
Old 06-09-2007   #4
g.v. suresh
Rookie

Arrow case study

hi guys this is sureshim doing mba.I want to know abt rules regarding case studycan anybody help me
g.v. suresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #5
Unregistered

Default Re: what is Brand Equity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meenakshi View Post
Hi Mehjabeen,

Thanks a lot for the information provided.I know a little about DSS.Any way i will go through it once more for detailed understanding.Could u tell me on the concept of Brand Equity.It would be better If u could elaborate more on it with live examples.

Are u a student or professional.

Regards
Meenakshi.
When value is added to the brand, it is known as brand equity
Old 03-30-2009   #6
v.r.s.nathan
Rookie

Smile Re: what is Brand Equity

its nice thanks
v.r.s.nathan is offline   Reply With Quote