MBA News | MBA Jobs | MBA Students | MBA Aspirants | MBA Forums
--- CoolAvenues.Com ---
Home    |     MBA Jobs     |     Knowledge Zone     |     Seminars     |     Placement Report     |     Admission Alert      |   MBA Forums
CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ JMET    | CAT 2009    |   Executive MBA    |   GMAT    |   Help Line    |   Online MBA Help   |   Buy/Sell    |   Cafe   |   Gadgets  

Go Back   MBA Forums :: CoolAvenues.com > Executive MBA | Correspondence / Part Time / Online / Distance MBA Forum > Assignments projects for Correspondence / Part Time / Online / Evening MBA Students

Old 10-12-2006   #1
jisha
Rookie

Question Help for IT Professional - How helpful is MBA?

Hi Folks,

I am new to Cool Avenues. I am basically an IT professional with seven years of experience (currently as Business Analyst/Project Manager) working in NYC, USA.

To be honest, I have been battling with the idea of whether or not to do MBA for a long.

Any help on the following questions is really welcome:
1. How important it is for IT professional to have MBA degree?
2. I do not intend to shift my career. I intend to grow in the same field. Would it not be enough to do a distance MBA. I know part-time is better but I am not in a position to take up part-time. MBA in USA costs a bomb and I intend to return to my home country in four or five years from now.

Thanks a ton,
Jisha
jisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #2
Lord_of_the_Ring
Super Admin

Default Part time MBA

Hi

why do u wish to get into MBA exactly? for job switch within organisation or to pursue a career or for salary growth?

just remember there is no smart short cut, there are always some good and bad point about every thing

Be an Expert/ Associate at CoolAvenues Forums

Click here for more details

Do not PM for Help, Post your query in Forums Pls.

Lord_of_the_Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #3
jisha
Rookie

I want to do MBA to get the business knowledge and help me move forward in my career (within org or shift to another one). The biggest question I have is --> Do IT professionals really need MBA. I have not met many IT professionals with MBA. At the same time, I want to make sure that I am not left behind.
Old 10-13-2006   #4
Lord_of_the_Ring
Super Admin

hi

MBA is not the final answer in business management. You need to ask yourself what suits you. If you like technology, be in that field only , learn technologies master the art of project management. but if you think you have potential in business development or in finance or in domain consulting then you need to go for MBA. There are various good options these days on part time MBA, you can explore them

Be an Expert/ Associate at CoolAvenues Forums

Click here for more details

Do not PM for Help, Post your query in Forums Pls.

Lord_of_the_Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #5
jisha
Rookie

Do you IMT elearning PG would be a good option? Currently, I hold a degree of Masters in Comp Sc.
Old 10-16-2006   #6
shaky_143
Rookie

hi frn,

i m shakti n new also. hey bro i m also an comp engineer n working with a indan govt bank i joined symbiosis pgdit course through distance learning . is it right move ? actually i m confuced n i dont like to be .

what i should do as u looking more experienced please guid me bro ,

will be thankfull to u .

shakti
shaky_143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #7
ramki
Expert

Hi

If you have paid your money then forget it. and just check whether u will get that additional increment on account of your MBA. i think if you are already a comp engg you shall go for SAP course or some IT related program rather than for part time MBA as part time MBA in India are yet to gain ground with recruiters.
ramki is offline   Reply With Quote