MBA News | MBA Jobs | MBA Students | MBA Aspirants | MBA Forums
--- CoolAvenues.Com ---
Home    |     MBA Jobs     |     Knowledge Zone     |     Seminars     |     Placement Report     |     Admission Alert      |   MBA Forums
CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ JMET    | CAT 2009    |   Executive MBA    |   GMAT    |   Help Line    |   Online MBA Help   |   Buy/Sell    |   Cafe   |   Gadgets  

CoolAvenues MBA Details
Page title
Join CoolAvenues on
Facebook Twitter Orkut

Go Back   MBA Forums :: CoolAvenues.com > Executive MBA | Correspondence / Part Time / Online / Distance MBA Forum > Assignments projects for Correspondence / Part Time / Online / Evening MBA Students

Old 10-12-2006   #1
jisha
Rookie

Question NIIT Imperia

Hi Folks,

I am new to Cool Avenues. I am basically an IT professional with seven years of experience (currently as Business Analyst/Project Manager) working in NYC, USA.

To be honest, I have been battling with the idea of whether or not to do MBA for a long.

Any help on the following questions is really welcome:
1. How important it is for IT professional to have MBA degree?
2. I do not intend to shift my career. I intend to grow in the same field. Would it not be enough to do a distance MBA. I know part-time is better but I am not in a position to take up part-time. MBA in USA costs a bomb and I intend to return to my home country in four or five years from now.

Thanks a ton,
Jisha
jisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #2
shailesh

Hey Jisha

well if you have 7 years of work ex, go for executive MBA from US itself

and how else is everything.
shailesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #3
jisha
Rookie

Well, Executive MBa is way too expensive unless your company sponsors it. I am not so lucky - I wont get any help from employer

Given the fact that I will be returning to India in few years, do you think elearning PG courses in management would help? IMT has elearning courses. Trying to understand if these courses would be respected.
Old 10-13-2006   #4
shailesh

then in that case you can either go for IMT elearning or NIIT. what is your profile i.e your education, training etc ?
Old 10-13-2006   #5
jisha
Rookie

I have Masters in Computer Science, currently working as Business Analyst/ Project Manager
Old 10-13-2006   #6
jisha
Rookie

Shailesh,

You mentioned about NIIT. Were you hitting at Imperia courses. Do you know if it is possible to do it from outside of India. It looks to be good
Old 10-13-2006   #7
shailesh

Hey Jisha

Yes that is NIIt Imperia. I am not very sure if you can do from Overseas. I think best bet for you is IMT elearning only. Meanwhile are you MCA from IGNOU ??
Old 10-13-2006   #8
jisha
Rookie

No, I have done my masters from Mumbai University. Why did you ask?

Also, do you have any information on whether one can do IMT elearning from outside of India?
Old 12-23-2007   #9
mridulaarora
Rookie

Default Any review about NIIt Imperia

Appreciate if somebody can share the reviews about NIIt Imperia. How is it? What is the value of this?

ALso will like to know about PAT? How is it? How to prepare...if anybody has any sample tests then they can share with me
mridulaarora is offline   Reply With Quote