Group Discussion Topic: Is Anna Hazare a "tyrant"?
Congress came out hard against team Anna Hazare, accusing it of being undemocratic in dealing on the Lokpal Bill. Congress spokesperson Manish Tiwari said, Hazare is "unelectable" and "If this democracy faces its greatest peril from someone, it is from the tyranny of the unelected and the unelectable".
Congress said that Hazare is "reading from a script written by forces behind him" — a clear indication at RSS—and accusing him of being consistently soft on corruption in BJP-ruled states like Gujarat and Karnataka.
Tiwari questioned the civil society's claim to represent public opinion and said its harassing attitude showed contempt for democracy. "I can only say that Hazare should consider his language; given his age I feel some sympathy for him," the Congress spokesperson said.
"Such disrespect to people is with those who don't respect democracy. They always keep threatening to go on fast even as the government is holding discussions with them," he said.
Hazare, along with four members of civil society, are the members of joint drafting committee on the Lokpal Bill which is slated to complete its work by June 30. The committee includes five Union ministers.
Post your comments keeping in sync with the following guidelines:
• Assume, you are one of the members of a real group discussion.
• Grab the opportunity to communicate your thoughts on topic mentioned above.
• Demonstrate your managerial skills, provide a solution
• Kindly refrain from posting derogatory comments
- GD Topic: Will government's Lokpal Bill reduce
3 Comments - 1 year 20 weeks ago
- GD Topic: How to deal with international terrorism
3 Comments - 1 year 35 weeks ago
- GD Topic: Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal, Kiran Bedi
2 Comments - 1 year 40 weeks ago
- Group Discussion Topic: Congress campaigns against
4 Comments - 1 year 49 weeks ago