BRICs on BRICs Program at IIM Ahmedabad
The programme is aimed at:
CEOs and heads of business units of companies with business interests in BRIC countries.
Executives from MNCs in charge of global strategy and business development.
Executives from BRIC countries who are keen to evaluate new markets and build networks and partnerships.
Investment professionals interested in BRIC countries.
Executives who plan to work in or with BRIC countries.
Government officials interested in understanding the BRIC economies and business environments.
Programme coordinators: Prof. Bandyopadhyay Tathagata & Prof. Ghosh Atanu
BRICs on BRICs
A BRIC experience through an Executive Education Programme to be delivered jointly by four reputed Institutes from BRIC
The BRICs on BRICs program is the result of a unique partnership between four top-league business schools in Brazil, Russia, India and China. Fundao Dom Cabral (FDC) from Brazil, the Moscow School of Management SKOLKOVO from Russia, the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) from India and the CHeung Kong Graduate School of Business (CKGSB) from China are the top business schools in their respective countries and well-known globally. Most of their faculty are recognized as top scholars and have published in leading journals worldwide. They have a deep understanding of the issues impacting business and economy in the BRIC countries.
Each of these four schools brings to the table an insider's perspective of their respective countries in a curriculum that has been jointly designed by them. Participants benefit from interactions with professorswith deep knowledge of these markets, industry leaders who have a real-world perspective on leadingbusiness in these countries, and company and households visits.
The BRICs on BRICs program provides global companies with the knowledge, skills, and insights to successfully invest and operate in the BRIC countries. The program addresses both the macro perspectives of each of the BRIC economies as well as micro-level details of operational excellence in those countries.
Key Takeaways from the program
By attending the program, participants will be able to position their companies for a profitable growth. They will be able to:
- Make more informed decisions to take advantage of the market and value chain opportunities in each of the BRIC countries
- Leverage opportunities presented by the rise of BRIC countries for developing their company's global strategy
- Understand how to adapt global business models to compete successfully in BRIC countries
- Analyze and take advantage of the differences in management
- Build networks with key influencers in the government and the private sector within each of the four countries, as well as with their peers in the program
- Contrast and combine investment opportunities across the four BRIC countries
- Participants will become alumni of the four leading business schools of the BRIC countries
The BRICs on BRICs program is the only executive program in the world that focuses on all four countries and offers a deep immersion experience in each of them. Participants of the BRICs on BRICs Program spend 5 - 6 days in each country over four modules spread across nine months. They learn from professors who have a deep knowledge of the economic and business environments of their countries. Senior business leaders and important government officials also deliver lectures in the program. The participants visit both households and leading companies, and get first-hand experience of ground-level issues.
Module 1: Brazil Belo Horizonte and So Paulo (October 14-19, 2012)
Module 2: Russia Moscow (December 3-7, 2012)
Module 3: India Ahmedabad (March 4-8, 2013)
Module 4: China Beijing (May 20-25, 2013)
- All modules will analyze each of the BRIC countries from three perspectives:
- Markets (Business-to-Business and Business-to-Customer)
- Sources of effeciencies across value chains
- Management practices that are effective in those countries
The country modules have the same basic curriculum to enable the participants to compare and synthasize their experiences across the countries
- The first module starts in Brazil with a broad perspective of emerging economies and the BRIC countries
- The last day of the final module in China will be dedicated to the comparison and contrast of what participants have acquired in each of the BRIC countries visited
Teaching is done by the local faculty with deep knowledge of the local environment
Active participation of leading executives and government officials give participants a real-world perspective.
Other Details for the registration is available here
To get Weekly Seminar alert of Top B-schools