IIM Indore to host seminar on Effective Communication for Managers
Middle managers who would like to enhance their influence, both within their organizations and externally with other organizations, by sharpening their communication abilities.
Programme Coordinator : Prof. M. Ashraf Rizvi
Fee : Rs. 50,000 (Residential)
The ECM will
- Enhance the participants awareness of their strengths and limitations in professional communication.
- Help the participants build upon their communication skills by providing them appropriate tools and techniques that they can carry back with them for subsequent practice.
- Help the participants master the full range of communication skills required of a successful professional, namely, listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Develop a systematic and positive approach to communication in business settings.
ECM takes an integrated approach by focusing on two basic challenges: accurate understanding of basic communication principles and effective application of these principles in communicative situations.
The topics covered include:
- Fundamentals of Effective Communication
- Communicating at work - internalizing communication skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Nonverbal communication
- Body talk
- Personality types and communication styles
- Active listening strategies
- Team communication
- Business presentations
Management Development Programmes (MDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453 331, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA