IIM Kozhikode to host MDP on International Financial Reporting Standards
Executives who belong to the functional area of accounting and finance from any organization would greatly benefit from this programme. However, executives belonging to other functional areas may also benefit from this programme provided they possess the basic knowledge of accounting tools and techniques and their job structure requires them to understand and analyze financial data for planning and decision making purposes.
Financial Controllers, Finance Managers, Bank Managers, Accountants, Auditors, Financial Analysts, professional members like CA, CS, CWA, and corporate and investment bankers would greatly benefit from this programme.
Residential - Rs.28500 + Service Tax 12.36%
Non Residential -Rs. 23000 + Service Tax 12.36%
Prof. Sudershan Kuntluru
This programme would be useful to the executives who wish to enhance their knowledge in preparing and understanding of financial statements. It also facilitates in analyzing the financial statements in the light of global accounting framework and language.
- Provides an in-depth analysis of the accounting and disclosure requirement under IFRS.
- Enables the participants to understand the IFRS framework in comparison with the Indian financial reporting requirements (Indian GAAP) and explain the differences in Indian GAAP and IFRS.
- Understand the approach to restate and interpret the financial statements as per IFRS.
Program theme and coverage
- Overview of Indian and International Accounting Standards
- IASB-IFRS: adoption or convergence
- IFRS frameworks: IAS (revised), IFRS, IFRICs and SICs
- Significant concepts in IFRS, Indian GAAP and Ind-AS
- Impact of IFRS on various sectors
- Preparation and Presentation of Financial Statements (IAS 1)
- First-time adoption and options available (IFRS 1)
- Revenue Recognition and related IFRICs
- Property, plant & equipment (PPE) and intangible assets
- Fair value of accounting
- Financial Instruments
- Consolidated financial statements
- The effect of changes in foreign exchange rates
- Operating segments
- Approach to IFRS conversion
- Case Studies
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode,
IIMK Campus P. O.,
Kozhikode 673 570, Kerala , India
Phone: +91-495-2809208, Mobile: 9447100539
Fax : +91-495-2809370, 2803010 and 2803011
To get Weekly Seminar alert of Top B-schools