VCCircle Kolkata Investment Forum 2012 on July 19
VC/PE community, entrepreneurs, bankers, CEOs and CFOs
Kolkata, which conjures up images of trade unionism and an old world charm, seems to be quietly gaining momentum in the race for investments and economic growth. Availability of cheap and skilled labor and lower cost of living are two key factors driving many industries into the state. While agriculture is the mainstay of the states economy, new age industries such as technology and manufacturing are fast gaining ground. The enterprises in the state are also attracting, on an average, over a dozen private equity deals each year in diverse areas such as manufacturing, chemicals, infrastructure and micro-finance. So, capital is following entrepreneurial surge in a state, which is still plagued by unflattering stereotypes.
- How is Kolkata Inc. dealing with these stereotypes? How real are they?
- What are the key catalysts to this quiet investment transformation of this once-sleepy state?
- Is there a big deal pipeline that Kolkata offers for the alternative asset class? What does the PE industry want to hear from entrepreneurs in Kolkata and vice-versa?
- Which are the sectors that Kolkata has an early-bird advantage on? Which will be tomorrows hottest sectors to bet on?
- How easy or difficult is it for Kolkata to access PE/VC funding compared to other cities where either these funds have a direct presence or partner bandwidth? Is deal-making geography agnostic?
- What is it about Kolkatas entrepreneurial DNA that investors wish others emulated?
VCCircles Investment Forum Kolkata edition, in its 2nd avatar, will bring over two dozen speakers from the VC/PE community, entrepreneurs, bankers, CEOs and CFOs to debate and discuss on the emerging opportunities for investment and entrepreneurship in East India states..
Panel I: Mapping Kolkatas Deal Quotient
- What is the profile of investible companies in Kolkata?
- What kind of sectors and stages are fast-moving commodities with the VC/PE community?
- Is there a big appetite for growth capital?
- What is the M&A deal potential in Kolkata?
Keynote Fireside Chat: Private Equity for Indian Entrepreneurs
- What do Kolkata entrepreneurs seek most from investors - Mentoring, growth capital, financial advice, assistance in hiring, business development, access to markets, less interference?
- What are the issues that both entrepreneurs and investors face while signing term sheets?
Entrepreneur Address: A PE Funded first generation entrepreneur will present on:
- The firms inception, early days & business model
- Significant milestones
- How it raised private equity funding and scaled
- Growth path and projections
VCCircle Sector Focus I: Manufacturing & Engineering
VCCircle Sector Focus II: Agriculture, Natural Resources & Mining
One-to-one interaction with India's topmost private equity investors in a special structured session, VCCircle Lounge. This is session is limited to select 10 companies and 10 investors
The standard fee:
INR 6000 + Service Tax (12.36%) per attendee
Early Bird Discount:
20% discount till 2nd July 2012 is INR 4800 + Service Tax (12.36%) per attendee
3rd July onwards is INR 6000 + Service tax (12.36%) per attendee
For Any Queries:
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
To get Weekly Seminar alert of Top B-schools